1000km Eastern Cape mountains to the wild coast and back again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Archer

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
On Saturday 4 of us left Queenstown for a 3 night trip. We were headed for Tsitsa Falls Backpakers the first night. We hit the tar from Queenstown to Dordrecht and then took the Rossouw turnoff just outside of town. Though Rossouw and the Clifford area, down Otto du Plessis and back town to Ida. Into Elliot for fuel. Up Barkley Pass and right towards Rhodes. Bastervoetpad next. There was still a bit of snow around and the road was pretty muddy. A few thrills and a load of spills later, we made it to the top to be greeted by an incredible view. The road took us quite a bit longer than we thought and we made it to the tar just outside Ugie with very little light left. A quick stop in Maclear and we were on our way to Tsitsa Falls Backpakers where we were met by Adie and his wife Angela and a roaring fire. The trip in the dark was a first for all of us but it was quite enjoyable. The spots I got from Goose came in pretty handy and I think 3 sets will be bought by my fellow travellers.
After leaving a little later than expected the next morning we headed back into Ugie and then on to Umtata via the Langeni pass. Awesome tar riding down the pass with incredible views. Lunch in Umtata and then off to Lubanzi. A late night left a few of us worse for wear the next morning.
Lubanzi through countless villages, Willowvale and then over the pont to Kei Mouth on Monday. Cats Pass and the pass down to the Dwessa River (I think) showed us some incredible scenery.
We left Kei Mouth early Tuesday morning and took the tar back to Queenstown.
I’ve only downloaded pictures off my one camera and will do the others at a later stage. Enjoy.

IMG_4484.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg