Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: POST A PIC OF YOUR VERY FIRST BIKE HERE  (Read 54561 times)

Offline KoToM

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: POST A PIC OF YOUR VERY FIRST BIKE HERE
« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2012, 11:43:36 am »
The DT, MTX and MBX were the big boys bikes when I was at school  :ricky:

the seat on the mtx 50 looks so comfy, wish my 690 had a seat like that

looks like we moving backwards in bike design
KTM 300 Six Days                      : My secretary, Hard working and does anything i tell her to do
KTM 690 Enduro Adventure Rally : My mistress, Best ride by far
KTM 990 Adventure                    : My wife, Bit boring sometimes but still love her to bits
Jeep Rubicon Unlimited               : For when it hails :(

Offline KoToM

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2012, 11:50:11 am »
My eerste bike in Std 9.
1984 Honda XR500RE. Nie my pic nie.
Donner ek was n mean mutha....

donner and still lucky to be with us today

a st9 laaitie with all that power, cant be a good combo  :eek7:
KTM 300 Six Days                      : My secretary, Hard working and does anything i tell her to do
KTM 690 Enduro Adventure Rally : My mistress, Best ride by far
KTM 990 Adventure                    : My wife, Bit boring sometimes but still love her to bits
Jeep Rubicon Unlimited               : For when it hails :(

Offline BliknÍrs

• Bike: Honda CTX200
  • I never finish anyth
« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2012, 06:31:47 pm »
I also had an RE bought it with my danger pay in 1984. Cash R5200! Out the box.

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2012, 10:30:09 pm »

Tweets' first bike...... :pot:

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline moosehead

• lapha le le for now
« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2012, 02:37:11 pm »
Die mees wobblyste bike wat ek ooit gehad het nadat my boet die ding in die teerpad afgeflip en gerol het teen omtrent 75km/h 'by the way 'dit was omtrent flat out

Offline BlueSky

• Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2013, 09:02:46 pm »
hahahah Laurika...well done
Yamaha MR50; XT250; XR500; Triumph Explorer 1200

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2013, 09:05:55 pm »
hahahah Laurika...well done
iS there a pic of u and me on your first bike way back whEn?

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Online Offshore

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2013, 09:08:56 pm »

Tweets' first bike...... :pot:
Nogal 'n Wheely L ! :ricky:

Offline Wedwo

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2013, 08:17:06 am »
My en my verloofde se eerste fietse. Die swart CD200 was sommer my 1ste 'project bike' ook. Moes hom reg kry om mee te gaan uit baseer..... Toe kry ons altwee in elk geval ons lisensies op die groenetjie.
Blessed are the cracked for they are
the ones who let in the light!

Online Thunderlinde

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Bellville Breker
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2013, 12:05:19 pm »
 :biggrin:

KTM 950 Adv
Kawasaki KLR 650
Honda XL 125

Offline Peter Vee

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • I hate sports cars... they scratch my bash plate.
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2013, 06:35:33 am »
My first new bike... approx 1983 /  XT 500 / pre-ATGATT / Woes Rand  bought with "PW Botha & Sons skt en odt"
Current bikes: Yamaha WR250 F, Yamaha XT1200 Z, Kawasaki KLX300 R, Kawasaki KLR650 A, Honda XRV750,  Honda XR650l.

Previous bikes: XT500, XR500R, TT600, Z1000R.

Offline PieterKLR650

• Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2013, 04:29:25 pm »
1991, I was in Std 8. Before I bought my first 50cc Suzuki TS50 did my father buy this(similar to pic) BMW R 100/7 1975 model. Had 33000km on the clock and he paid R 7000 for it. It stood in the garage and I was only allowed to ride it on Sundays. He accompanied me on his 1986 BMW R100RT and we usually drove to the local Pick 'n Pay parking lot so that I can learn how to ride this big bike. When I eventually got the Suzuki.....it was a different experience and not the same as driving the B'M. Traded the BMW in 1993 for a Alfa Export 1500cc......because a matric pupil would rather prefer driving something that he can take more than 1 friend with him........ :-[........what a MISTAKE. I should NEVER have done that.....but...that's history.  :-\
2010 Versys 650
2007 KLR 650

Offline Topie

• Bike: Yamaha TW200
Re: Zundapp 50cc
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2013, 09:20:16 pm »
My first bike.
Could get 60mph on it.

A mate had one of these Zundapp s. Went like a batt out of hell..nothing in its class could catch it if i remember correctly.

My first bike was a Moto Guzzi 125 two smoke.
Similar to the one in the pic except it was blue

Offline Gingerball

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2013, 01:58:07 pm »
These pics are a nice trip down memory lane, thanks boys and girls.
Time for an Adventure

Offline ON-RNR

• Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • NC whats to C when the new CRF 1000 arrive!
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2013, 03:22:10 pm »
Ek stem
Silence is golden ..duck tape is silver

Offline DirtHound

• Bike: Honda XR650R
  • If you don't know Jesus, don't die!
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2013, 03:43:32 pm »
My mom didn't allow me to have a bike while I was growing up, so I got my first one when I was 18. An '81 XR 500. Man, that kickstart used to kick like a donkey!
I think I paid R4500 for it.
Previous bikes: '81 XR500;   CBR400 NC23;   '85 XR600;   '97 VTR1000;   '91 KDX200;   '85 XR600;   '97 XR600   :paw:
Current:  '01 XR650R; '06 CTX200
PE to Cape Town on the XR  |  XR Pigfest  |  Anniversary ride - Old Houw Hoek Pass

Offline zacapa

• Bike: Honda XR650L
  • XR650L - 134.217kg lite weight special...
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2013, 12:24:37 am »
The worlds most expensive XT350, R62K never got to ride it.

R62K!! tell us more about the R62K 350. There's a story there no doubt....

Offline Dogboxelectric

• SANI- So not done with Lesotho
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2013, 07:16:46 am »

First bike i ever bought with ABSOLUTELY GEEN KENNIS, out of Bike SA classifieds, private ad but from one of the Bike shops in Klerksdorp. Bike price R8500, to get looking nice firts round of repairs R5500, Seat, Handlebars, tyres etc. Than not happy with how it was running phoned Linex Yamaha for a quote on some spares(Still waiting for that quote mind you) Phoned JHB Yamaha got a spares quote within an hour, speak to the guy in charge of repairs he says he will collect no charge, I am in Linden they are in Edenvale, get the bike back, New rear hub new spokes  alles lekker, bike running like a bomb(R25000.00all sorts of little replacements everywhere, all justified) , but smoking alot, mechanic tell me motor is about to die, in the meantime I had bought new(sec Hand) footpegs, rear brake pedal assembly exhaust etc from bike hospital( only guys with spares at that point, affordable) ask them about a good second hand motor, ja we have one blah blah blah ,transfer the cash ask if they can deliver to JHB Yamaha, sure no problem more blah blah blah, The Guys from JHB Yamaha do everything to get bike roadworthy comes time for the road worthy the motor comes up as Stolen, phone bike hospital no they will sort it out, this lark carried on for about 4 months, Eventually Bike Hospital say they will get it through and on the road, fine deliver to Bike Hospital and pay JHB Yamaha( about R25k) after another 4-5 months I told Errol pay me for the bike and keep the farking thing cut the losses and LEARN A VERY EXPENSIVE LESSON.

This all happened before I was very active on WD.

Mesmerising stuff?!?
Honda XR650L 2011
Kawasaki Versys 650 2014

Offline Gingerball

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2013, 07:21:27 am »

First bike i ever bought with ABSOLUTELY GEEN KENNIS, out of Bike SA classifieds, private ad but from one of the Bike shops in Klerksdorp. Bike price R8500, to get looking nice firts round of repairs R5500, Seat, Handlebars, tyres etc. Than not happy with how it was running phoned Linex Yamaha for a quote on some spares(Still waiting for that quote mind you) Phoned JHB Yamaha got a spares quote within an hour, speak to the guy in charge of repairs he says he will collect no charge, I am in Linden they are in Edenvale, get the bike back, New rear hub new spokes  alles lekker, bike running like a bomb(R25000.00all sorts of little replacements everywhere, all justified) , but smoking alot, mechanic tell me motor is about to die, in the meantime I had bought new(sec Hand) footpegs, rear brake pedal assembly exhaust etc from bike hospital( only guys with spares at that point, affordable) ask them about a good second hand motor, ja we have one blah blah blah ,transfer the cash ask if they can deliver to JHB Yamaha, sure no problem more blah blah blah, The Guys from JHB Yamaha do everything to get bike roadworthy comes time for the road worthy the motor comes up as Stolen, phone bike hospital no they will sort it out, this lark carried on for about 4 months, Eventually Bike Hospital say they will get it through and on the road, fine deliver to Bike Hospital and pay JHB Yamaha( about R25k) after another 4-5 months I told Errol pay me for the bike and keep the farking thing cut the losses and LEARN A VERY EXPENSIVE LESSON.

Eina, not so lekker first bike memories.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 08:54:02 am by macjohnw »
Time for an Adventure

Offline Dogboxelectric

• SANI- So not done with Lesotho
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2013, 08:49:47 am »

Eina, not so lekker first bike memories.

It happens, learn from it and move on. STill paying some of it off, but now I have a Healthy XR650L and loving it, still have a soft spot for the Yamaha's though, and I lay the blame squarely at the feet of the XT500.
Mesmerising stuff?!?
Honda XR650L 2011
Kawasaki Versys 650 2014