While you all were bashing...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlbieK

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
… I went for a little solo Cederberg trip, leaving bright and early Saturday morning. I really need to invest in a smaller sleeping  bag, tent and roll mat.  

PCx3w.jpg

Through a wet Bainskloof to Ceres

5HJKU.jpg

AdSP0.jpg

WX7vN.jpg

Defrosted myself and filled the tank in Ceres then over Gydo enroute to Op Die Berg

fcb0Y.jpg

P9NSC.jpg

aqcE4.jpg

Then through to Citrusdal over the 303

Kz0M9.jpg

38Et3.jpg

k0ti1.jpg

The best sign you can get… Keeping to the 60km/h at all times though :mwink:

9hF1n.jpg

Filled up in Citrusdal again and took the gravel road on the Eastern side of the river into the mountains

IEofo.jpg

This was the last photo for the day as I started experiencing problems with the bike, turns out the ECU was loose and the rattling was causing it to reset. Fixed it easily once I found it. Bumped into a couple taking their DRZ’s for a loop ride, also met lots of great people at Jamaka where I camped that night.

Left at noon the next day heading to Oasis over Uitkyk Pass, I only took this one photo on that leg of the journey because of the rain. What I was about to ride into:

p3B5t.jpg

Crossed this river with ease, don’t know what all the fuss was about  ::) only now do I notice the ominous birds circling overhead.

https://i.imgur.com/T1kPl.jpg[/IMG

Stopped for a late lunch at Oasis, met three darksiders there and had a nice chat with them. Thanks once again to Gerrit and Chantal for a great meal.

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/as1cW.jpg

I was meant to camp there that night but decided to cut the trip short and push through to home. On the way out I had to stop at Nuwerust to collect something a friend had forgotten there a while back. Took this last photo there. My trusty steed.

6X99O.jpg

Met the rain again before Op Die Berg and was in it the entire way back to CPT, decided to go via Slanghoek onto the N1 and over Du Toitskloof Pass, which turned out to be a bit hair raising with the rain, misted up goggles and lack of day light. But its all part of the adventure!  :ricky:

Overall an awesome little trip.  :thumleft: