Irresponsible Biker

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1150GS Adventure
I want to share something that has been bugging me for a while.

I was driving on Hans Strydom drive in  my cage on Saturday morning.

As a very good lady driver when I wanted to change from the right lane to the left lane I looked in my side and rearview mirrors - put on my left side indicated ...again checked the mirrors to make sure everything is ok and only THEN  start to move to the left. To my surprise a beautiful 1200GS appeared out of nowhere directly on my left hand side. I had to swerve frantically not to collide with him. He waved friendly with a protruding finger to whish me a happy day I responded with equally friendly language whished him the same.

The moral of the story is he drove at a "moerse spoed" on the white line between the left and right lane. Overtaking cars left, right and centre. It was also raining and the roads were very wet.

This is unfortunately not an isolated case as this type of irresponsible driving is also frequently seen on highways.

I know of various cases where a biker died because a car suddenly swerved or turned in from of him. If I collided with this oak the same would probably have been said.....

My question ??? ??? ???
What happened to keep left and pass right?
Does general road rule only apply to cages?