Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wide footpegs  (Read 387 times)

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
Wide footpegs
« on: September 29, 2012, 08:40:57 pm »
I was driving past Full Throttle this morning so decided to pop in.

After browsing around a bit I came across some nice billet machined wide aluminium foot pegs at a reasonable price (R600 odd)

Of course they didnt have anything for Husky.

But did a search on my iPhone and found that late model KTM pegs fit with a bit of filing - apparently - it must be true its on the internet!   ::)

So given that I didnt set out to buy anything and that this month has been a slow month business wise and thus I wasnt brimming with cash, and that I wasnt sure that they would fit - I bought them  :biggrin:

Took them home and amazingly with a small amount of filing the do fit perfectly :ricky:

I had to cut the right hand foot peg holder plate thingy to allow the peg to swivel properly (although now it will bang into the brake leaver so maybe thats why that was like that?).

Still I'm happy  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 08:46:25 pm by alanB »
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Rough Rider

• Hang time
Re: Wide footpegs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:26:18 am »

After browsing around a bit I came across some nice billet machined wide aluminium foot pegs at a reasonable price (R600 odd)

But did a search on my iPhone and found that late model KTM pegs fit with a bit of filing - apparently - it must be true its on the internet!   ::)

So given that I didnt set out to buy anything and that this month has been a slow month business wise and thus I wasnt brimming with cash, and that I wasnt sure that they would fit - I bought them  :biggrin:

Took them home and amazingly with a small amount of filing the do fit perfectly :ricky:

I had to cut the right hand foot peg holder plate thingy to allow the peg to swivel properly (although now it will bang into the brake leaver so maybe thats why that was like that?).

I have always had a set of those on  my 610  :biggrin:
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 06:23:56 pm »
Nice price i paid R1200 for the ones on mine --think i need to buy a set --NOW for my other 610 in the crate --Thank's Alan  :biggrin:
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline BiG DoM

• A Grahamstown Greyhound!
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • License Plates: GSpot EC and HUSKY EC
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »
Love my PivotPegz I picked up 2nd hand off Husky Cafe for $80 all in. :ricky:
"Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle" - Hunter S. Thompson

Scoots: BMW HP2  Husky 701R  Husky  TE610E  BMW G450X  KTM 250XCW  Yamaha YZ250X BMW R100S YAMAHA BWS 

:ricky:

Offline Straatkat

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2013, 08:30:16 pm »
+1
Also love my Pivot-Pegz. Rode a bike with normal footpegs the other day, then you really miss the PP's
18 till I die.
If hard work pays, show me rich donkey.

Offline 777

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2013, 08:45:45 pm »

Did u see if they had for a 690 ?
TS 50- Gave away
RM 125- Not sure where it is.
IT 200- Sold.
XT 550- Sold.
CR 250-Sold. RMX 250-Sold WR 250-Sold. CFR 450x-Sold. CRF 250x-Sold. XT 660R- Sold KTM 690 Enduro- Alfie Cox Special Edition .Honda XR 650L., WR450, Current bikes, KTM 500 Six Days and BMW 800GS