Watty got himself a new toy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Watty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki Djebel 250XC
I have always had a soft spot for those mid-sized bikes used in the famous Baja desert races.  Bikes such as the Honda XR250 Baja, the Yamaha TT250R-Raid, and the Suzuki DR250XC (Djebel) with their characteristic huge headlights, headstock mounted oil coolers, big fuel tanks, and tuff go-anywhere look that is quite appealing (in my mind at least...)

Most of these desert rides where never imported officially into South Africa, and only in the recent year they became available as grey imports.  Now, I was in luck and obtained just such a bike, a Suzuki Djebel DR250XC in a really excellent condition.  Man, it looks like this bike never saw any gravel in its live.  A fact supported by the present tyres on the scoot (Bridgestone Battlewings). 

Some quick spec's for the purists:  DOHC 4 valves 249cc, 6 speed gearbox, air oil cooling, 17 l tank capacity, dry weight 118kg, one large-sized halogen headlight 200mm dia of 60/55W, s/steel xhaust, electric and kick start.

Any suggestions what to replace those Battlewings with?

Its power is wicked for a 250, however I don't plan on doing wheelies though because the headlight is too heavy  :eek:

Now, who is going night riding with me at the Bash?

Anyway, let the photo's tell the rest.

Attachments

• A-Djebel_250XC.JPG
    A-Djebel_250XC.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 298
  • C-Djebel_250XC.JPG
    C-Djebel_250XC.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 310
  • B-Djebel_250XC.JPG
    B-Djebel_250XC.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 294