Helmet, gloves, petrol stolen - bike vandalised

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

growweblaar

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
I was very, very stupid and paid for it big time  :BangHead:

On Thursday & Friday the heavens released a deluge of water and not being particularly waterproof at the time my wife picked me up from work in the car. I left the bike in the parking garage, but forgot to remove my helmet, gloves and neck-roll from the topbox.

When I went to pick up the bike on Sat. morning I found the topbox was forced open, everything inside was gone, the seat was forced off, but somehow they missed the little tool pouch and multitool. The bike started, but the ignition felt like it had a screwdriver stuck in it (as did the locks of the topbox and tail compartment).

Now for the worst: they punctured the (plastic, under-seat) petrol tank on both sides to get the fuel out - a gaping hole on each side, with the last of the petrol streaming out when tipped over. Looks like the came with a cordless drill(?).

The Dakar is insured, but not the almost-brand-new X-Lite X551 helmet, or the Clover gloves. That's R5500 just for the helmet :'(. Nothing has turned up on Gumtree yet, but if you see anything, please let me know.