KZN Dogs Inanda Valley Ride (Sunday 30 Sept 2012)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoolBreeze

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR650L
Morning all
Thought I would just put a little RR together for our ride yesterday.

I got a call from Bushcat on Saturday afternoon to see if I was keen to ride. He said they are doing Inanda Valley. I was keen and I'm starting to love this valley! (but I’m still learning all the names)
Anyway, we met at V-max at 8 on the Sunday.

Crew:
Myself- F800GS
Bushcat- KTM 690
777- KTM 690 Enduro
Marcel- Honda 650

We chatted about the route and decided to head straight to the valley and start exploring. 5min into the ride we all get pulled over buy the pigs. Apparently KTM’s don’t carry the required Number plates 
We entered the valley from Rob Roy’s side ( I might be mistaken) and headed down to the dam.777 was leading and we soon found ourselves in some seriously over grown, washed away single track. Not quite sure how I made it through. He then admitted that the last time he rode there was about 3years ago and he was on a plastic bike From there we were all a bit ‘Rigting bef@k’ . We were pretty much heading clockwise around the dam from there.
We started heading up over the hills until we stopped and 777 points to a footpath up the mountain that would intimidate even the locals in the area and he said “we going up here” It must be about 300meters long, straight up the side of the mountain, and it is seriously steep!!! And by the time I had finished summing it all up, they were halfway up already I could see Marcel also sussing out this mother of a hill Anyway, I gassed my 800 all the way to the top and I saw the most stunning view of the dam and the surrounding area. It’s like Gods Window in the Lowveld. Stunning!! And then I heard them say….. Let’s go down now..HA HA and off we went It was awesome.
We ambled along the mountain side on n nice dirt track with awesome switch backs. Our next stop was the Shibeen down by the Pipeline Bridge. We chatted, met some other bikers, tire welded Bushcats  back tire and off we went again. 
We left the valley and came out on the 100hills road.

Overall it was a great ride. I can’t wait to do more exploring in this area. It truly is of road/dirt track heaven with nice climbs, rivers, views, shibeens and miles and miles to ride.
I didn’t take any pics, Bushcat and 777 please post some if you got any.

Enjoy your trip to Sani, I’m so flippen jelous!

Cheers