Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Run in with Metro this morning  (Read 3172 times)

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
Re: Run in with Metro this morning
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2012, 03:33:50 pm »

Oh well - now I know. I told them to f..off anyway. People in authority irritate me and Metro police are at the top of that irritation list.

There's your problem.

And dont forget:
They were right, you were wrong. You should go apologise to them for your arrogance.
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2012, 06:56:47 pm »
9/11 on
I find it interresting that some people on this forum bemoan the sad state of the law in this country, while other people on this forum will openly condone bribing an officer of the law, and yet others hate the law enforcers simply because they are law enforcers. (Sorry if my spelling sucks).
I hope that these three groups of people are seperate enttities, and that nobody belongs to any two groups (or more) at the same time.
Just an observation.
9/11 off
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day on Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2012, 07:04:14 pm »

Oh well - now I know. I told them to f..off anyway. People in authority irritate me and Metro police are at the top of that irritation list.

There's your problem.

And dont forget:
They were right, you were wrong. You should go apologise to them for your arrogance.

+100

Don't try to be clever and end up aggravating them, working yourself over in the process.
What I'm saying is that you are actually being stupid.

Learn to smooth talk, almost charm your way through difficult situations. That way life in general will be so much more enjoyable.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 07:05:31 pm by dirtWarp »

Offline XTZFegen

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Triumph 800 XC
  • Audere Est Facere
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2012, 07:45:24 pm »
Dude - 4 fatties jumped in a marked car, rode up behnd me, blue light flashed me and pulled me over to kak me out for standing up on a bike. Eish...now I musnt get rude with the oaks??? Nothing better better to do but wave your finger at me...

Come on??? Please man...I handled teh situation just fine by riding away from them.  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Anyway my question was answered, at least I know there is a law about not been allowed to stand up.
Oh when the Spurs, go marching in, oh when the Spurs go marching in, oh Lord I want to be in that number, oh when the Spurs go marching in.

Come on you Spurs.

Offline Sparky

• a darkside
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2012, 07:57:31 pm »
Dude - 4 fatties jumped in a marked car, rode up behnd me, blue light flashed me and pulled me over to kak me out for standing up on a bike. Eish...now I musnt get rude with the oaks??? Nothing better better to do but wave your finger at me...

Come on??? Please man...I handled teh situation just fine by riding away from them.  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Anyway my question was answered, at least I know there is a law about not been allowed to stand up.

So, did they give you a fine or not? I think you are very lucky if you didn't.
"Do, or do not. There is no try." - Yoda

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 08:00:54 pm »
9/11 on
I find it interresting that some people on this forum bemoan the sad state of the law in this country, while other people on this forum will openly condone bribing an officer of the law, and yet others hate the law enforcers simply because they are law enforcers. (Sorry if my spelling sucks).
I hope that these three groups of people are seperate enttities, and that nobody belongs to any two groups (or more) at the same time.
Just an observation.
9/11 off

Yuo're right, fuckem, I will rather pay a fine than give some cop a bribe.....I've been approached a few times, most recently on the way to the FS Bash, in the end the dude was too tired to write out a fine, let me off, but after lots of 'so, what are we going to do?'.....kept telling him I have no money, will have to appear in court.... :biggrin:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline XTZFegen

• Race Dog
  • Audere Est Facere
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2012, 08:22:54 pm »
9/11 on
Just an observation.
9/11 off

You speak like this - I have two guys in my office, senior managment guys, earlier in the week paid R2k each for 1.Bike lisence and 1.Car lisence. Felt nothing to pay the oak, felt nothing when the temp lisences were dropped off. Ive been sitting in my office all week just shaking my head about this whole situation. And you know what is ever more scary is that these licenses are on the E-natis system.

And whats even more scary is this is gospal bud, I sat in the office while all the transactions were done. I went twice for my bike license, spent many a Sunday morning at the Alberton test ground practising, I also spend some Sunday helping WildDog guys practice for thier tests and I try help them to pass first time and these oaks just buy it.
Oh when the Spurs, go marching in, oh when the Spurs go marching in, oh Lord I want to be in that number, oh when the Spurs go marching in.

Come on you Spurs.

Offline RassieGS

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 08:36:58 pm »
Yes it is illegal to stand and ride op public roads

Eish...

I'm an ex-traffis and I didn't know this! Must be a new law brought in since I left that corrupt bunch of tossers back in '96...  ???

Could someone in the "know" please post a link to the relevant legislation? :deal:
The road safety act only states that you must be in full control of the vehicle. With both wheels touching the ground at all times. We got tested by WNNR themselves to qualify as bike tester on K53 for the bike squad in the SANDF. We did the whole test ground thing standing to show them it is actually easier doing it standing (except the cornering) they "failed" me because I stopped on the cross for emergency breaking with a neat endo - 2strokedan that is stopping on front wheel - because both wheels were not on the ground. The other reasons were like if you stand you can not do the spieeltjie spieeltjie blindekol spieeltjie kak.

Offline Pote

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012, 08:46:31 pm »
Yipeeee! This again!

Next can we please discuss if it is legal to lanesplit?! Pretty please, with sugar on top!
Ek wil ook sommer weet wat is die beste dual sport bande vir my bike en hoe hard moet ek hulle pomp as ek op gravel en teerpad ry

Offline JK

• Race Dog
  • Everything Counts In Large Amounts
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2012, 08:56:59 pm »
But then how are th oks on the GS,s supposed to go over the white lines without standing  ;)
When u are on tar u are lost  !

Offline Pote

« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 08:59:52 pm »
But then how are th oks on the GS,s supposed to go over the white lines without standing  ;)
ek knyp net my oe toe en jump die white lines....  :imaposer:

Online Pullaway

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 09:19:03 pm »
9/11 on
I hope that these three groups of people are separate entities, and that nobody belongs to any two groups (or more) at the same time.
Just an observation.
9/11 off

Leondude. also hope there are not to many Hippocrates here! Personally I don't have any respect for the Metro's, neither for the Police. I generally try to stick to the rules that makes sense to me. My own rule, to be considerate, covers most of the legal bullshit anyway, although the traffic rules can be a good guideline. I would not come and cry on your shoulder when things go pear-shaped for me - promise I won't use any of your tissues!
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline J3THRO

• Race Dog
  • Yzerfontein WC
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2012, 07:36:13 am »
A world of respect...
DO NOT FOLLOW WHERE THE PATH MAY LEAD.
GO INSTEAD WHERE THERE IS NO PATH AND LEAVE A TRAIL.
2020 Husqvarna TE 300i

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2012, 08:16:57 am »
9/11 on
Just an observation.
9/11 off

Lets see 4 Metro cops chase and pull over a biker for standing while riding and get all agro with him, while meanwhile, they are to scared to stop strikers from stoning, burning and looting trucks .......................................

Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline XTZFegen

• Race Dog
  • Audere Est Facere
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2012, 08:45:42 am »
And the fatty in the driver seat doesn't even have his seatbelt on, now he wants to kak me out for having a jol on my way to work. Not my fault they all miserable and don't ride a bike. And then the audacity to call it a Scooter. I mean what the hell...how rude   :ricky:

Come on you Spurs.

Offline GEE-SH

« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2012, 09:20:09 am »
Ja ek kan dit ook nie verstaan nie - mense moan omdat daar niemand is wat ouens vang wat papiere en gemors uit karre se vensters gooi nie.  

Maar as dieselfde tipe mense deur 'n authority aangespreek word oor n wet wat hy in sy onkunde oortree, strip hy/sy haar moer en praat met die ou wat wet en orde try handhaaf asof hy benede hom is.  

Dit maak nie saak of hy/sy vet, maer, wit of swart is nie - hulle doen hulle werk, en as jy so eie regtig wil wees en op jou bike spring en weg ry - maak maar vrede en moet nie volgende keer moan en groan as die powers-to-be 'n blind eye draai as daar iemand anders op die pad kak aanjaag nie.

PS: hoop net hulle het nie jou registrasie nommer gevat en jou address getrace nie, want om weg te ry sonder dat hulle jou die reg gegee het om so te doen is nog een van daai wette wat jy in jou onkunde oortree het wat dalk net kan veroorsaak dat jy later agter in 'n geel bakkie rondry.

PSS: En 'n ander ding wat my skuins die bliksem in maak is party ouens wat niks daarmee fout sien om die verkeers polisie te issue met n reserwe bank gift voucher nie....en dit is ook gewoonlik die blixems wat moan en se die die regering is korup???
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:28:33 am by GEE-SH »
BMW R9T, BMW R100RS, BMW R80, Triumph Bonneville T100, Norton Commando, KTM 300XC-W, Peugeot 50cc Help My Trap, 2003 BMW R1200C

Offline JK

• Race Dog
  • Everything Counts In Large Amounts
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2012, 10:02:59 am »
Must say i am rather impressed that they actually know about this standing law
When u are on tar u are lost  !

Garfield

« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2012, 10:04:29 am »

We don't take chances going over, we rather look for a safer route around.

Online Pullaway

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2012, 10:08:38 am »
Onthou net, mens het nie n keuse of jy wit of swart is, of manlik of vroulik nie - maar hierdie stommerikke het n keuse gemaak op n spietkop te raak - spoeg!
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline 2wh33ls

• Pack Dog
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2012, 10:14:38 am »
aih the cops
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 10:18:08 am by 2wh33ls »