Dbn WD Sani Trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure R
Not much of storey man, so will make it short. Myself (690) Bushcat(690 Adv) Mr. G(XR650) meet at  Hillcrest for 8am on Sat, plan was to hook up with Non WD Marcel in Richmond. David had plotted a very scenic route, so he was the dust free route leader.
45 min later we meet Marcel on a XR 650 ( or was it Marius??)in Richmond. The trip is on. First stop at a scenic dam for some refreshments. Luckily their was no brand bashing as the Honda 'girls" know better!!Bushcat had the first casualty, it had to be, he hit a sharp rock, front tube blown, luckily he held on. The 690 does not have a centre stand so I had a brain wave and got Darren to "pop" the front wheel on a log to keep it in the air.
. So myself , Darren and Marcel have our first lesson on tube changing. 20 min flat, Luckily we had David to supervisor us, but he did not say a word, just kept a beady eye on us.
So Darren decides he has to step in the river to wash his hands after the tyre change. He loses his footing and goes under water, no camera shots as it all happened to fast.

After that was a lekka ride through to Himeville dropped of our bags etc, headed for Sani border, David for got his passport so the SAPS would not let him through, but after a few minutes of "sad puppy dog eyes" they felt sorry fro him and let him through. The ride up Sani was fine, was very busy with piles of 4 x4 going up. Some crazy people chose to ride up on bicycles, WTF?? Had a quick lunch and then back down to Himeville hotel for the rugby and supper. Had a very festive evening in the pub with the locals. Sunday we left Himeville at about 8h30, stopped for petrol at Boston, then on to Richmon, we hit some heavy mist and had to travel in 1st gear , so the going was slow, just outside Richmond, the rain started, we decide to slap it back to Dbn. Thanks guys was great and Davis did not miss a beat with his awesome route, do it again soon

Note the caption on his shirt!!

Attachments

• SH.jpg
    SH.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 376