Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Roof Raid  (Read 390 times)

Offline J-dog

Roof Raid
« on: October 15, 2012, 12:09:20 pm »
Anyone going? Should be a good'un!

http://www.rallyeraid.co.za/?page_id=196

THE RIDING ROOF

Being part of the 5000 plus crowd expected at this years Roof of Africa and being able to have ďinsider tradingĒ as to the race route will make this an awesome 3 days of Adventure biking . Its going to be three days of choices as routes will be created through the Malutis in typical Rallye Raid 1 , 2 and 3 style  and joining up to catch some of the action of the Roof at the spectator points . Some may decide to do their own thing and watch more of the Roof than ride ..its up to you.

Rallye Route 1

Will remain the toughest test and recommended for expert riders. Yes Ė Riders be  warned! Weapons of choice for 2011 were the Yamaha Tenere, Honda XR650, KTM 690, KLR650.  Although 2011 saw some of those legal 450ís entered as well, 450ís will no doubt be scattered throughout the routes. Distance per day will be about 90 kmís but donít let that fool you. Knobblies were essential.

Rallye Route 2

A mixture of tough terrain, tricky sections and dirt road transport sections which was recommended for experienced riders. +- 150 kmís. This is always one of the most popular routes and a expect a few stings to be thrown especially Double Bridges , Ribaneng and the Roma Valley

Rallye Route 3

An endurance route of predominately scenic riding on dirt roads and the occasional jeep track with a few mountain passes thrown in for good measure. +- 200 kmís. This could see us visit Semonkong at the top of Baboons and onto Maletsunyane Water Falls, Pass of Jackals, Bushmans etc
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 12:11:20 pm by J-dog »

Offline edgy

Re: Roof Raid
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 12:40:44 pm »
I`ve got a rope on the front of my bike just for you to pull on! ;D
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline J-dog

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 02:01:09 pm »

are you entered? I'll have a 6 pack at the final hill climb for you  :laughing4:

Offline Tommy Transalp

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • The Older I get... the Faster I WAS!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 02:04:48 pm »
Hey Edgy...... Who's pulling who here? :lol8: You doing it on the 230? :mwink:
I live in my own world...
But it's ok... they know me there!
Honda XLV 650 Transalp
Honda CRF230
Royal Enfield 500 Classic

Offline edgy

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 04:10:10 pm »
Im entered indeed...on a KTM 200
www.astonesthrow.co.za

BEER..."I drink it when I`m happy or when I`m sad. I drink it when I`m alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. Trifle with it if I`m not hungry and drink it when I am. Otherwise, I never touch it - unless I`m thirsty"

Offline KTM Jagermeister

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 SE
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 08:55:01 am »
I'm also there - 690R (with nobblies)

Offline edgy

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 10:01:06 am »
www.astonesthrow.co.za

Offline Avontier

• Coitus reservatus
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 10:40:27 am »
Also entered. Only started training last night  :lol8:     :-\