Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW ECO 2012 ripoff!!  (Read 12696 times)

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
Re: BMW ECO 2012 ripoff!!
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2012, 09:00:34 am »
And one day when we are not making any carbon, all the trees will die. Then people ill beg us to rev the V8s to safe a tree...

Farking hippies...  Sommer moer them with a tree..

They may be Eco/tree friendly, but they are not wallet friendly..... :biggrin:
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Airheads are an admirable addiction
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2012, 09:47:42 am »
Now,do us all a favour, if you do not have any positive input in this matter, go stirr in R&P please.

My experience with the ECO has been 100% positive until now. If you feel so positive about the ECO, why are you here on the forum and not in Clocolan? I am not telling you that your opinion is wrong, I am trying to defend my opinion. So, go take a chill pill and relax, because you do not really want to get personal with me.

Please read my opening post, setting out my experience.
I entered within hours of the entries opening and paid my entry fee.  Due to a coccyx injury I have had to withdraw.
I am happy to forfeit my entry fee as the decision is mine and the T+C's were known to me...
...I was looking forward to the event.
Sadly for me, I won't be there.
All who are going, enjoy it!  :thumleft:
See you next year...

Did you not set the tone of this thread in your opening statements:
"Ripoff"… “a new money making scheme.”
“The ripoff part comes in by BMW Clubs that is charging another 2 people that took our places for the event after we paid for it.” “They fucked up and are trying to get the numbers down by taking money and not delivering.”  
(Then the opposite.)
“No new people will take our places as they have been overbooked and our food etc has been paid for.”
 “I do not expect special treatment from them due to the reason why I chose to cancel our bookings.”
“I do not care if they give me my money back or not.”

Question for your own consideration:
 Is that not EXACTLY what you wanted – your money back?  If you had received the money back and the organisers did give you special treatment and waived the T+C's, would you have started this thread at all?

As for making it personal, please just reread this…?
You make the allegation that I am lying about my experience. How would you know? You were not part in the discussions with them, you have not read the e-mails that were sent and received. That is a really kak statement to make.
What lesson should I take from this situation? Are you my teacher or mentor now all of a sudden? I shared an experience with fellow Dogs and then you come and tell me that I am wrong in doing so and voicing my opinion. At least I have the balls to support my point of view and stand by what I believe in.

Again your own words:
“If you do not like what I have stated in this thread, then do not reply to the thread.”
Minzi, you chose to reply to my post, saying it was not worthy of a response.

IN CLOSING FROM MY SIDE:
Minzi, I really do feel with you in your loss.  In my life I have lost a Father, a Stepfather and a Father-in-law.  I loved them all dearly and I still miss them all.  You are hurting and you are grieving right now.  My experience at those times was that emotions tended to blur my reasoning.  

I take no offence from this thread.  
I apologise if I have offended you in any way.
I wish you and your family strength in this time.  
The grief will pass.  
Hold on to the memories.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 05:58:40 am by Fudmucker »
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

I'm not deaf... I'm ignoring you.

Offline White Rhino

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2012, 05:43:45 am »
Minzi, if it's available to you - close the chapter on this. Rest assured, your "donation" has gone ot a good cause. The event was a cracker. The organiser pulled off a succces story. Don't let this incident prevent you from going again - you will be a better man for rising above it. Early bird says that it's in the Eastern Cape next year. :thumright:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, WR450 Rallye, KTM990 Adv, HP2, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline Coetzee Zietsman

• Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
  • Ry omdat dit lekker is
« Reply #143 on: October 22, 2012, 08:05:37 pm »
From my side, being one of the organizers and all - the event was a success and a huge financial investment was made into the community of Clocolan. The positive impact will be felt for years to come. The event was very Eco friendly. Riders stuck to the routes and went out of their way to play by the rules. They even obeyed rules that did not exist.
I am not a GS rider myself, but after this weekend, like last year, I have the utmost respect for GS bikes, their riders, BMW Clubs South Africa and BMW Motorad South Africa. They all went out of their way to host a great event and to do it to the benefit of the community at large and the environment. That is good enough for me and I am sure for all who attended.
As part of the organizing committee I know better than most that it is impossible to keep everybody happy. People have the right to disagree with what you do and not to attend an event like the GS Eco. That does not mean that you are wrong and it also does not mean that the brand and the event are bad. It just means that you don't agree.
Don't knock the event and the people who organized it just because you feel unhappy. Out of the 750 souls who attended and those who we dealt with who could not crack an invite, you are the only one I am aware of that has a serious issue. That, in my book, are good results and I chalk it up as a success.
Will you destroy the event and the brand with your continued critesism? I doubt it. There were too many happy customers. I am beginning to be concerned about the damage you are causing yourself though.
I think it is time for that beer and Jagermeister and to let this thing go. Join us next year and see for yourself.
And this my friend, is not the truth, just my opinion.

Offline JVR

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2012, 08:08:28 pm »
From my side, being one of the organizers and all - the event was a success and a huge financial investment was made into the community of Clocolan. The positive impact will be felt for years to come. The event was very Eco friendly. Riders stuck to the routes and went out of their way to play by the rules. They even obeyed rules that did not exist.
I am not a GS rider myself, but after this weekend, like last year, I have the utmost respect for GS bikes, their riders, BMW Clubs South Africa and BMW Motorad South Africa. They all went out of their way to host a great event and to do it to the benefit of the community at large and the environment. That is good enough for me and I am sure for all who attended.
As part of the organizing committee I know better than most that it is impossible to keep everybody happy. People have the right to disagree with what you do and not to attend an event like the GS Eco. That does not mean that you are wrong and it also does not mean that the brand and the event are bad. It just means that you don't agree.
Don't knock the event and the people who organized it just because you feel unhappy. Out of the 750 souls who attended and those who we dealt with who could not crack an invite, you are the only one I am aware of that has a serious issue. That, in my book, are good results and I chalk it up as a success.
Will you destroy the event and the brand with your continued critesism? I doubt it. There were too many happy customers. I am beginning to be concerned about the damage you are causing yourself though.
I think it is time for that beer and Jagermeister and to let this thing go. Join us next year and see for yourself.
+ 100000000 :thumleft:
Life's not short,it is the longest thing you'll ever do.

Offline Kuifie

• Brandslang Koning
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Ek Laaik Ry
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2012, 09:23:07 pm »
Praat die oom darem nou soos n dominee  :biggrin:
"If the left side of your brain control the right side of your body, only left handed people are in the right mind"

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2012, 09:23:17 pm »
Coetzee Zietsman, I am confused. You had 750 entrants, how many was planned for? Was Minzi's place filled after he cancelled or not? What do you mean by "all those that could not crack an invite?"

Offline Draad

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2012, 11:58:59 pm »
Karma .... Thats the only thing to worry about.
Sies jou VARK !!

Offline Grolls

• Think Pink - Think Aeropink
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2012, 04:54:58 am »
Minzi, if it's available to you - close the chapter on this. Rest assured, your "donation" has gone ot a good cause. The event was a cracker. The organiser pulled off a succces story. Don't let this incident prevent you from going again - you will be a better man for rising above it. Early bird says that it's in the Eastern Cape next year. :thumright:

DITTO  :thumleft:
Think Pink ........... Think Aeropink

086 111 PINK

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2012, 07:01:20 am »
I can see this thread losing momentum, and I will just add what I have to say to the organisers, and that is that if you want to stick to the "ECO" bit of Woolworths bullshit, then you better start walking to the event wearing karos, leather sandals and strooihoede, and not arrive on any infernal combustible engine technology.
And while you ponder this, refund Minzi.

Offline Dik Geluk

• Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
    • www.zuluoverland.com.
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2012, 07:26:03 am »
My mother always said  ... die beste stuurman staan aan wal.

Was there, enjoyed, will go again
Work it out !!!!!!

Offline 1ougat

• The Commodore !!!
  • The Commodore
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2012, 07:48:29 am »
I can see this thread losing momentum, and I will just add what I have to say to the organisers, and that is that if you want to stick to the "ECO" bit of Woolworths bullshit, then you better start walking to the event wearing karos, leather sandals and strooihoede, and not arrive on any infernal combustible engine technology.

Amasing to see this coming from a Yamaha lover that will never experience the goodness of a GS Eco ... did not see the strooihoede etc myself .... maybe Guppy and Clint was the closest to that look .... did see the 1000 trees planted ... did see ordinary folks having a ball of a time in nature ...... did see the old age home that will benefit ... did hear about one guy crying in his beer because he did not read the smallprint ..... did see the major impact the event had on the survival of a town like Clocolan ....Did see 12 HP2's at the event .... What a beautiful event put on in a responsible manner ... like limiting the entry numbers .... Next year be sharp and first to enter otherwise you going to loose out again .... and read the smallprint .... 2SD I think I can loan you two BMW badges that you can put over the tuning forks and then also join ... then you can walk in our shoes and then have first class insight to continue your raving  ..... until then may the bluebird of happiness be with you ...Peace OUT... (Now where did I put my Karos en Strooihoed?)    :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
Make mine a Boxer with a shaft!!!!
2006 R1200 HP2 !!!! - La Poderosa - "The Mighty One"
1965 R50/2
1996 R80 GS PD Classic
2010 1200 GS 1975 Suzuki AC50

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2012, 07:52:46 am »

Maybe give Minzi a free entry to next year's event.......save at least a bit of face.....
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline BlingKing

• Don't just fix it - BLING IT!
  • Vendors
  • R3k Vendor
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2012, 10:03:57 am »

Amasing to see this coming from a Yamaha lover that will never experience the goodness of a GS Eco ... did not see the strooihoede etc myself .... maybe Guppy and Clint was the closest to that look .... did see the 1000 trees planted ... did see ordinary folks having a ball of a time in nature ...... did see the old age home that will benefit ... did hear about one guy crying in his beer because he did not read the smallprint ..... did see the major impact the event had on the survival of a town like Clocolan ....Did see 12 HP2's at the event .... What a beautiful event put on in a responsible manner ... like limiting the entry numbers .... Next year be sharp and first to enter otherwise you going to loose out again .... and read the smallprint .... 2SD I think I can loan you two BMW badges that you can put over the tuning forks and then also join ... then you can walk in our shoes and then have first class insight to continue your raving  ..... until then may the bluebird of happiness be with you ...Peace OUT... (Now where did I put my Karos en Strooihoed?)    :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:

Lol what HE said - guys you enter Argus or the 94.7 cycle race and bail out you lose the money, but what clever peeps do is advertise on the relevant hub and sell their entry, why wasn't this done? I am sure if you put that thread on this board you would've had a ton of okes buying your entry. Rules are rules, you set them you have to stick to them otherwise it becomes a clusterf&*% - what other rules must they bend, let people on KTM's and Yamaha's join, let entrants crap in the showers instead of the toilets, i.e. what is the end point of the rule bending?
I do know that I am the kakkest for reading manulas and T's & C's - but if the T's & C's come round and bite my ass I have a beer and move on!
Let it go bud and know your tom went to the old bullies who really need it!
Professionals is Suspension Matters
We Service & Repair Dual Sport & Adventure Bikes
Upgrades, Repairs & Replacements of Shocks & Forks
Importers for WILBERS Suspension AG, TFX Suspension, HAGON Shocks UK, WUNDERLICH for your BMW!
Agents for: HYPERPRO, BiTUBO, OHLINS, RACE-TECH, K-TECH

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2012, 10:19:56 am »
Why is only BMW allowed?

I dont like being an out cast now that I sold mine  :'(

Garfield

« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2012, 10:23:20 am »
Maybe give Minzi a free entry to next year's event...

:thumleft:

Offline BlingKing

• Vendors
  • R3k Vendor
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2012, 10:26:29 am »
Why is only BMW allowed?

You little whore - you did WHAT?
Importers for WILBERS Suspension AG, TFX Suspension, HAGON Shocks UK, WUNDERLICH for your BMW!

Offline Manic

• Little Fat Guy
  • Vendors
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
« Reply #157 on: October 23, 2012, 10:32:29 am »
Why is only BMW allowed?

hehehehe, you see, I spent thousands with you, now I'm not allowed to ride with anymore  :pot: :peepwall: :imaposer:
Did you notice your turn over went down? Cause I sold my bike  :imaposer:   :imaposer:   :imaposer:

Offline BlingKing

• Vendors
  • R3k Vendor
    • Bling King Motorcycles
« Reply #158 on: October 23, 2012, 10:35:30 am »
Why is only BMW allowed?

hehehehe, you see, I spent thousands with you, now I'm not allowed to ride with anymore  :pot: :peepwall: :imaposer:
Did you notice your turn over went down? Cause I sold my bike  :imaposer:   :imaposer:   :imaposer:

Naaais I am going to have a bleak Xmas coz you bought a pommy boney, but wait I still heff goodies for you, you can run but your credit card she cannot hide from me !!!!
Many safe miles with your new baby boet!

Offline Rafiki

« Reply #159 on: October 23, 2012, 11:47:34 am »

Ek aanvaar die blik is redelik leeg met opmerkings soos die?