Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW ECO 2012 ripoff!!  (Read 11247 times)

Offline MINZI

• Under Construction!
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • Right here, right now, nothing else matters.
Re: BMW ECO 2012 ripoff!!
« Reply #80 on: October 17, 2012, 01:48:56 pm »
Name:   Red Rover
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   Yesterday at 10:26:59 AM
Last Active:   Today at 09:03:14 AM

:imaposer: :imaposer: :patch:
              Red Rover, I believe, is David de Bruyn fom BMW Clubs and he made the decision not to refund.

No, you are wrong, the terms and conditions did!
          I wish we could all hide behind terms and conditions. People make and enforce the terms and conditions, so people can make exeptions. I do, everyday of my life to help and accomodate clients. So, sadly, you are wrong.
If you do not STAND for something, you will FALL for anything!

Offline Buddy

« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2012, 02:42:32 pm »
It's easy to hide behind T&C's

In the event of a family berevement and the places being filled, the right thing to do would be a refund

It's far better PR and shows heart.

:sip:
The Townkraaier of Kraaifontein

Offline BennNevis

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2012, 07:11:16 pm »
Harsh call to apply the T&C in this particular case. Discretion could have been applied. 

Offline 2StrokeDan

• I've been to paradise, but i've never been to me....
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2012, 09:11:55 pm »
Red Rover, come in, come in Red Rover. Roger out.

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Aka "Wrinkled Rocker" in a past life
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2012, 09:15:47 pm »
Harsh call to apply the T&C in this particular case. Discretion could have been applied. 

When you apply a discretion you create a precedent and then everyone becomes a 'particular case'.
So who decides what is a worthy situation?
A spouse? A child? A blood relative? A pet?

Discretion is a slippery slope - particularly when you are confronted by a person who did NOT benefit from the exercise of that discretion. "You allowed him... why not me?"
AIRHEADS ARE AN ADMIRABLE ADDICTION !
Life is far too short to be taken too seriously.
I am far too short to be taken too seriously.

Offline MINZI

• Under Construction!
  • Bike: Triumph Tiger 1200 Explorer
  • Right here, right now, nothing else matters.
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2012, 09:19:24 pm »
 Fudmucker, your reply is not even worthy to comment on. 2SD,  :thumleft:
If you do not STAND for something, you will FALL for anything!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2012, 09:26:27 pm »

When you apply a discretion you create a precedent and then everyone becomes a 'particular case'.
So who decides what is a worthy situation?
A spouse? A child? A blood relative? A pet?

Discretion is a slippery slope - particularly when you are confronted by a person who did NOT benefit from the exercise of that discretion. "You allowed him... why not me?"

Most areas on a BMW is a slippery slope.

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2012, 10:45:55 pm »
I dislocated my elbow a month before the XT challenge - they gave me a full refund - I did not even have to ask.....THAT is how you promote your Brand!

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline White Rhino

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2012, 05:14:24 am »
I dislocated my elbow a month before the XT challenge - they gave me a full refund - I did not even have to ask.....THAT is how you promote your Brand!
With helmet hair like that, who wouldn't :imaposer:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, WR450 Rallye, KTM990 Adv, HP2, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2012, 06:10:16 am »
Fudmucker, your reply is not even worthy to comment on. 2SD,  :thumleft:

So why did you, Minzi? It is a delicate subject and best debated when emotions are not present.

2SD, your prejudice taints your logic, my friend.
Go enjoy your ride this weekend - clearly you are missing something in your life to make you smile.  :P

The point I was making is that a bereavement is a tragedy to the bereaved, not the event organisers.
While they may be empathetic, they do not make the decision to withdraw - the bereaved person withdraws.
The logistical implications of the withdrawal then become the organisers' problem.

If you don't attend the Currie Cup Final because of a bereavement you won't get a refund either, yet nobody is bitching about that?

(Being a bearer ticket, you can send a replacement, of course, but that is another subject entirely.)

« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 06:13:49 am by Fudmucker »

Offline Fudmucker

• Forum Whore
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2012, 06:33:13 am »

Sorry to hear of the injury.  Was the beer glass too heavy or was it too many of them?
Are you ok again?

Re the XT challenge - for perspective - how big was the event, what were the T+C's  :deal: and the cut-off date for cancellations?

Offline JonW

• Hilton Hound
  • Global Moderator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Boss Hoss (all models)
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2012, 07:03:18 am »

So why did you, Minzi? It is a delicate subject and best debated when emotions are not present.

Go enjoy your ride this weekend - clearly you are missing something in your life to make you smile.  :P

The point I was making is that a bereavement is a tragedy to the bereaved, not the event organisers.
While they may be empathetic, they do not make the decision to withdraw - the bereaved person withdraws.
The logistical implications of the withdrawal then become the organisers' problem.

If you don't attend the Currie Cup Final because of a bereavement you won't get a refund either, yet nobody is bitching about that?

(Being a bearer ticket, you can send a replacement, of course, but that is another subject entirely.)

Ha ha, nice little edit there when you realized you had just shot holes through your argument  :laughing4:
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?

Offline 2StrokeDan

• Castrated Dog
  • RD350 and Rossi!!!!!!
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2012, 07:10:41 am »

No prejudice here Fudmucker, just see Laurika's post on the XT challenge refund, and learn. It is as simple as assessing the individual situation and acting humanely. I have never said that anybody should be refunded, but I think that death of a close relative should be strong enough reason. The size of the gathering has what bearance on this decision?

Offline Philemon

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • My pack
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2012, 07:20:00 am »
Thanks for the lesson in PR chaps.

This is certainly one for the text books.

:thumleft:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.                 .  .  .  .  .  Leonardo da Vinci

Offline Kuifie

• Brandslang Koning
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Ek Laaik Ry
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2012, 07:57:24 am »
With helmet hair like that, who wouldn't :imaposer:

:laughing4: :laughing4:
"If the left side of your brain control the right side of your body, only left handed people are in the right mind"

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2012, 07:58:08 am »

Sorry to hear of the injury.  Was the beer glass too heavy or was it too many of them?
Are you ok again?

Re the XT challenge - for perspective - how big was the event, what were the T+C's  :deal: and the cut-off date for cancellations?
it was last year Sept Fuddy, and yes, they had T&C in place also. The event is the equivalent of the eco challenge I think. I was amazed about their attitude and at the speed all was refunded (the arm cost me R50 000 in cash, so the refund was welcome) They have assured my goodwill and repeat bussiness. Was nice to be surprised for a change.....

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2012, 08:13:30 am »

Are you ok again?

About 60 people attended, small enough event to make it enjoyable, and Yamaha know how to look after their customers......I've done all the brand DS events over the years, if I was only allowed to do one it would be the Yamaha event.....(even had warm mielies...... :biggrin:)
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline ajax

• Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure R
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2012, 08:16:45 am »
Please Laurika don`t insult Fudmucker it can`t be equivalent to the eco  the bmw eco eco eco  :imaposer:  
Goed vir Yamaha om jou te refund  :thumleft:

Offline laurika

• Forum Whore
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2012, 08:50:10 am »
Its a tricky thing...client relationships and T&C's.....BMW was my client in my agency days...even the pebbles below the sign at the dealerships had to be bmw issue.....sometimes this tight control made them less fun as clients. They have full right to refuse to refund. We can dislike that about them .....

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Rynet

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2012, 09:59:43 am »

Ha ha, nice little edit there when you realized you had just shot holes through your argument  :laughing4:

I agree with Jon W ,Fuddy you shot yourself in the foot there.  :mwink: Even in a rugby game , if you cannot go someone who hasn't sadly lost their their dad after he was in a coma for 2 weeks , can go in your place. And rugby isn't even like a DS bike event , lots of people go to rugby ( not sure why ?   :pot: ), but as Jupiter said so aptly , our DS events are relatively small events and we are a community who all know each other , so much more important to apply discretion for goodwill purposes.

And not fair to call Minzi emotional , I thought he has been admirably rational and dignified in his posts , despite going through what must be a very traumatic (and expensive) time.

Fact is he canceled 3 weeks before the event and they told him they had others to take his place ( they in fact overbooked) .

It is not too late for Red Rover to still make this a BMW marketing win.   :peepwall:
Its impossible, said pride. Its risky, said experience. 

Its pointless, said reason. Give it a try, whispered the heart.