Inappropriate machines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vigilant

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR250
I have to be clear that i've only had a few months with a 125 on/off thing, and have never been more than 1 km or so on dirt, i'm here to learn until i get another chance to try.

So i was reading the thread on Namibian sand roads, all very nice and all, until Subie comes along and tells about his "Posty" and how he rode it all over the place.

300px-Postie1.jpg

Honda CT110

Subie: Respect  :thumleft:

Now the constant theme in that thread was keep under 80 (for newbs) and take it slow. I've recently got my hands on a Suz gn250, nice little runabout, which i keep staring at blankly wondering how to magic it into a scrambler, kind of like cinder's pumpkin.

Now i'm all for learning, so if a 250 GN is all i have got, then a 250 GN is what i must use. So, where do i start? And how do i prevent myself becoming a campfire story to warn other newbs?

I'm not interested in speed, it's about getting home, i think my biggest fear is getting stuck in mud or sand? Is it worth it to just go out and find a dirt road? Or am i jagging kak aan?