Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Quarry riding - awesome playpen - be careful of crime and oncoming traffic  (Read 355201 times)

Offline LanC

And who's doing these figure eights?

33 43.773'S 18 30.212'E

33 44.193'S 18 30.551'E
Took long enough to go ride them  :happy3:.

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
I've been avoiding that "Woodcutters' Block" for a long time and figure eights aren't really my thing.  But I thought I should take the likes of Justin there to try one out.

The following users thanked this post: RSA_Maniac

Offline SquirrelHunter

Super keen to try it on the plastic sometime.

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
If the weather isn't too foul this Sunday (maybe Saturday afternoon?) we can go back and visit the other 2 as well.  The "Crater" proved popular as well.

Online Blikkies1

Howzit, any 990 friendly rides that take place here?

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
If you're comfortable in sand and sandy whoops there's a lot of track. If you like tight, twisty tracks that take a lot of effort to get big bikes through, then there's much, much more.

Offline LanC

Here are some pics and video from our night ride last night:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1l_tiU-QHHQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1l_tiU-QHHQ</a>

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
The night thing looks so cool.

Peter A joined me today on a long ramble around the area. Cipla to near the Woodcutters and then down to mini-Atlantis. Good fun.

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
Looking over Squirrel's pics from 20th June I'm struck by two things in particular.  Firstly, what a first class bunch you were. There were slow riders and fast riders, people falling off, getting stuck, and holding up procedures in the usual ways for big groups. But no-one showed the slightest frustration, nor did the folk at the back show that they were under any pressure. Real class from everyone!

And again I'm so impressed by Squirrel's pic-taking efforts, as well, of course, by the results. He was riding the least sand-capable bike in the bunch, but he would constantly get himself to the best position for good shots, covering all aspects of the ride and all the riders. Thank you.

Here's a link to a GooglePics album, my shameless rip of his FB post. I hope it works.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NA27Aig3Cq9yT8yW7

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
So, a cold Sunday approaches. it's going to be stunning out there. 9am Cipla/Ace as usual.

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
And proper stunning it was. A beautiful day out! Thanks to Lucas, Oliver, Peter A, Peter, Kim, Ryan, Quinn, Logan, Muzz, Craig, Nicole, Manie and at  least 4 others.

The following users thanked this post: Fuzzy Muzzy

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
We used to ride adventure bikes here. I think of Sack and Leftless on 1200s, Legadema, Mark Hardy, Lito and several others on 950/990s. Hardly anyone rode anything less than a 650. But then the bikes started getting lighter. Now the pendulum swings towards power. Just about everybody has got a 450/500 4-stroke and now the 300 2-strokes are breeding.  Welcome to Hyper-drive, Manie.

Of course, some of us need help occasionally!

Track attached.

Offline Coffee Snob

• Bike: Suzuki DR-Z 400
Looking over Squirrel's pics from 20th June I'm struck by two things in particular.  Firstly, what a first class bunch you were. There were slow riders and fast riders, people falling off, getting stuck, and holding up procedures in the usual ways for big groups. But no-one showed the slightest frustration, nor did the folk at the back show that they were under any pressure. Real class from everyone!

And again I'm so impressed by Squirrel's pic-taking efforts, as well, of course, by the results. He was riding the least sand-capable bike in the bunch, but he would constantly get himself to the best position for good shots, covering all aspects of the ride and all the riders. Thank you.

Here's a link to a GooglePics album, my shameless rip of his FB post. I hope it works.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/NA27Aig3Cq9yT8yW7

Thanks John for your shameless rip! Since I don't have Facebook...what a fun ride that was  :thumleft:
What's up with those hedgehogs anyway? Whay can't they just share the hedge?

Offline SquirrelHunter

Only reason why I have FB is to share pics and YouTube for vids

Anyone is welcome to grab the non-watermarked pics.

The following users thanked this post: Crossed-up

Offline katana

• I may be cheap, but I am not a
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Born again 1/7/2020
Real friends are not on Facebook.
If you want to haul ass, you gotta mix gas.

Offline SquirrelHunter

Real friends are not on Facebook.

If its not on FB, its not real

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
Sunday 9am, Cipla/Ace. At least one beginner is coming. Why don't you also give it a go?

Offline Crossed-up

• Pangaman
  • Forum Whore
Today was a big one. We were 16 or 17 riders (I struggled to count them. I remember Zanie, Kim, Nicole, Liza, Caron, Kevin (risen triumphantly from cancer surgery) Simon, Graham, James, Raf, Herman, and his friend whose name I've shamefully forgotten, Barry, Peter A, Quinn and 1 or 2 more) who left Cipla on a complicated route up to the "Crater" and back via some of the scenic attractions. Along the way we found Katana running in his refurbished 300 wheelspinner with Squirrel and Francois. We had several adventure bikes along, including a couple of XR650Ls, a DR650 and a real live 800GS. And they all managed the Beer Bottle Track, sandy whoops and water obstacles with aplomb. Well done!
After close to 30kays we were all a bit weary when we got back to Cipla. Track attached.

Online Zanie

• Bike: Honda CRF-250 Rally
A couple of pics from a rest stop. I will sleep well tonight! Respect to the duel-sport crowd, especially Raf on the 800 (some serious skills or energy there), and Nicole (new to this type of riding) styling it on the DR.

Offline SquirrelHunter

Few more pics, mostly of me...