Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kamanya

Andrew to most
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
OK

Some background first...

The War Department has till now only ever been with me on 2 toy runs, one ride around the peninsular and a trip to her Mother (the Central Intelligence Agency) in Bellville. Possibly a grand total of 100k's in 3 years of biking.

She has a great fear of bikes - her father, as a result of a vehicle accident was a vegetable for 30 years and only died at 60 two years ago. But, she recently said in passing that she would like to get out more... on the bike!

So on a whim, as you do, I asked her this morning,

"You working on Saturday?"

"Nope, why, should we go somewhere for the evening?" She replied with that glint that can only mean one thing.

"Excellent! Should we go on the bike?" I tried, not wanting to break the moment.

"Yes! Franschhoek, lets go there and find a B&B."

"How about getting over the mountains, say about two hours out of Cape Town and not just a blat down the freeway?" I tried, not believing that she was even keen!

â??Alright, Ok, do you have some place in mind?â?

â??Nope, not yet, let me go do some researchâ? and there I left it.

Hence this post.

Now I have bought her the best Shoei but she didnâ??t have a proper jacket and boots. So off to the shop this morning and she now has both (she doesnâ??t know it yet).

And here I am after all that asking you lot; is there any ideas on a quant, low key place that has a either a restaurant in the place or within walking distance and is 1 â?? 2 hours from Cape Town? I wouldnâ??t mind gravel either but, nothing even remotely hectic and the whole story has to be a scenic route?

Ideas? First hand preferably.