Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha brand Fail (2012 XT1200z Super Tenere)  (Read 4019 times)

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
Re: Yamaha brand Fail (2012 XT1200z Super Tenere)
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 08:05:20 am »
TVB - PASOP vir jou!   ;)

WOODY - daars girls ook wat ons bikes ry (en flippen goed ry!)  ;)

:peepwall: Hahaha....Eish, I really feel for this man. No one needs kak from a new bike and hard earned money....no seriously, I can't believe this for Yamaha has always been known for good service. I recently dealt with Centurion Yamaha with my Laaities XTZ and it was an all smiles episode. Hope the man gets this sorted soon :deal:

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 08:26:15 am »
The brake lever that locks up on very uneven terrain: Are you sure it's not just the ABS kicking in?

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline Bikermom

• Puppy
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • It must have 2 wheels!
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 01:35:08 pm »
The brake lever that locks up on very uneven terrain: Are you sure it's not just the ABS kicking in?

That was the response from Linex. They told me it was fine.

I spoke to Dirtstyle Suzuki about it.
He took the Ten for a spin and is concerned. He agrees that something is wrong.
The ABS doesn't work in the front, and no warning light has ever come on. Only the rear ABS works. I thought I was imagining the locking of the front wheel, but he has confirmed that the ABS is off.

Each day is a new ride. :-)
Other bike a Kawa1400GTR
for the looong tar roads.

Offline Bikermom

• Puppy
  • It must have 2 wheels!
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 01:36:56 pm »
TVB - PASOP vir jou!   ;)

WOODY - daars girls ook wat ons bikes ry (en flippen goed ry!)  ;)

:peepwall: Hahaha....Eish, I really feel for this man. No one needs kak from a new bike and hard earned money....no seriously, I can't believe this for Yamaha has always been known for good service. I recently dealt with Centurion Yamaha with my Laaities XTZ and it was an all smiles episode. Hope the man gets this sorted soon :deal:

I think I'll demand that the bike goes to Centurion.
This "man" is mother to 2 children.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:44:05 pm by Bikermom »
Other bike a Kawa1400GTR

Offline Bikermom

• Puppy
  • It must have 2 wheels!
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2012, 01:42:33 pm »
   :)  Thank you everyone for the support, sympathy and suggestions.
Haven't heard a thing from the yo'mama crowd in Dbn yet. :(
Someone at ThinkBike has given me 3 people's e-mails at Yamaha head office, to forward my mail to. ;)
Some good folks here at WD have messaged with suggestions that I'll look into. :thumleft:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 01:44:44 pm by Bikermom »
Other bike a Kawa1400GTR

Offline Pathfinder

• Pack Dog
  • Sonstraal Hoogte
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2012, 01:46:39 pm »
Sounds electrical to me.
Has the bike been under water?

Offline BennNevis

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2012, 02:03:20 pm »
if all else fails you could also speak to 2SD :ricky:

Offline Bikermom

• Puppy
  • It must have 2 wheels!
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 02:11:48 pm »
Sounds electrical to me.
Has the bike been under water?

Not even near a river. Only in rain?
Other bike a Kawa1400GTR

Offline TVB

• Deleted Users
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2012, 03:45:20 pm »
TVB - PASOP vir jou!   ;)

WOODY - daars girls ook wat ons bikes ry (en flippen goed ry!)  ;)

I think I'll demand that the bike goes to Centurion.
This "man" is mother to 2 children.  ;)

OOPS :ricky: A Mom on a S10 - Respect :thumleft:

Offline DR BIG 750

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2012, 05:58:07 pm »
When we did Sani this weekend the one maat was on a Super ten & the shaft sprung a leak on the way home spewed some oil out around rim, tyre & all surrounding areas, we could not see a visible fault & as the bike had been serviced at dealer on previos day to departure, also a new rear tyre had been fitted. yesterday he took it to dealer to check it out & was asked if we had been in mud, which is true rain on most of the trip & sani pass was very wet, dealer response was if you ride in adverse conditions you should wash or clean , the gap between wheel & shaft as it scores or rubs on the seal, so it is for his expense. 2 hr job at R400 per hr plus material cost, forgive me but when i was on top on the pass i failed to notice the valet to wash our bikes, I wonder about he world crosser how often do need to stop at the car wash.
these stories scare one as i am also looking for a  new scoot , now  2 kak stories in as many days, pity i really enjoyed my ride on the ten
twin shox, twin drum air cooled

Offline immigrant

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2012, 06:27:21 pm »
Hijack on:
I wonder why there is such a difference between North America and South Africa with servicing bikes. It seems that most service their bikes at the dealers to "make sure the bike stays in warrantee". I bet the dealer overfilled the final drive with oil, and that pushed out the seal. Over here you buy a "service package" over the counter with all the fluids(the right amount measured out) and filters and detailed instructions included in a neatly packaged box to do it yourself. I have no "service book" that the dealer needs to stamp with a service record, and have never been asked to produce such a book when selling or trading in my bikes. I do keep the receipts though in case they ask. The same with my cars - no "book of life". Seems like the S.A. dealers intimidate the customers with this "you need to service with me, otherwise no warrantee" and even when they screw it up they blame you for riding your dual sport in muddy conditions.  :imaposer:  Can also assure you they do not use their best, well trained mechanic to do an oil change
Hijack off:
Yamaha Super Tenere, Yamaha FZ8, Yamaha Grizzly, Yamaha Viking, Honda CRF250L

Online Takashi

« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2012, 07:00:04 pm »
I don't trust anybody working on my bike without me standing behind them...

The under trained appy is usually the one that screws up even though you are paying for fully qualified mechanics working on the bike.

Offline Kenisis

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dubai
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2012, 07:15:32 pm »
Hijack on:
I wonder why there is such a difference between North America and South Africa with servicing bikes. It seems that most service their bikes at the dealers to "make sure the bike stays in warrantee". I bet the dealer overfilled the final drive with oil, and that pushed out the seal. Over here you buy a "service package" over the counter with all the fluids(the right amount measured out) and filters and detailed instructions included in a neatly packaged box to do it yourself. I have no "service book" that the dealer needs to stamp with a service record, and have never been asked to produce such a book when selling or trading in my bikes. I do keep the receipts though in case they ask. The same with my cars - no "book of life". Seems like the S.A. dealers intimidate the customers with this "you need to service with me, otherwise no warrantee" and even when they screw it up they blame you for riding your dual sport in muddy conditions.  :imaposer:  Can also assure you they do not use their best, well trained mechanic to do an oil change
Hijack off:
Bud, In Africa you get a Tube of Vaseline when you buy a vehicle! Its all about the money!
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 KTM Rally Replica
2016 Husqvarna FE 450
2017 Husqvarna FC 450

Online 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2012, 08:40:16 pm »
Hijack on:
Hijack off:
Bud, In Africa you get a Tube of Vaseline when you buy a vehicle! Its all about the money!

This is what we fail to understand. South African buyers allow themselves to be enslaved on a daily basis. You do not need that expensive bike, bakkie, car, TV, etc. Like the stupid population always voting in ANC thieves, so you also buy in expensive dealers.

Offline Hinksding

• is beslaan met ligte hoefysters
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR125L
  • Die aai van Loeriesbaai
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2012, 11:12:06 pm »
Hope you get sorted Mom! Its always sad that the one turd in the water gives the rest a bad name. The S10 seems to be a cool bike.
Eet vleis! 'n 1 000 000 jakkalse kan nie verkeerd wees nie.

Offline Buelligan

• Pack Dog
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 09:43:35 am »
Hope you get sorted Mom! Its always sad that the one turd in the water gives the rest a bad name. The S10 seems to be a cool bike.
It seriously is. 34 000 km with no problems :thumleft:

Just BM has got a "bad apple" with weird faults...  >:(

Offline basti

• Puppy
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2012, 09:44:30 am »
I also get the stalling at intersections, but I counter that by blipping the throttle just before pulling away. I suspect that the clutch mod will sort that out. i also had the play between the throttle and cable reduced and it also helps in this regard.

Offline jangys

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2012, 09:57:41 am »
My Super Ten has got 48 000 kms on the clock. I have not had a days issues with it, never had any oil leaking issues with the diff.

Offline Bikermom

• Puppy
  • It must have 2 wheels!
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2012, 11:36:09 am »
Danny Mulder, owner of Linex phoned. He wants to Dyno the bike.

I want the front brake and the stalling sorted.
Also adjusted back to how it was when I had bought it, as that hadn't changed anything except making a bit 'moeg'.

Allan North from Yamaha mailed me, that he has instructed Danny to sort it. So I'll go that route one more time.

(@basti. I've been told that the pop and stall could be slightly faulty landing probe. One of them needs to be only slightly outside it's paramater to cause that. Especially when the weather is warmer, which is how it happens with mine. Those things going to your x-haust are said probes.Uncouple them and ride your bike. Won't harm the bike, only give you a warning. If the pop and stall stops you have your answer. I haven't gotten to it yet, but will ask Linex to check them.)

The SuperTenere is a fun bike. :biggrin:
I just want mine to be right. >:(
Other bike a Kawa1400GTR

Offline Jakkals

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • I never get lost, I only discover new roads
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2012, 11:50:57 am »
I also get the stalling at intersections, but I counter that by blipping the throttle just before pulling away. I suspect that the clutch mod will sort that out. i also had the play between the throttle and cable reduced and it also helps in this regard.
Also check your CO setting on idle, I heard there was one up in GP with the same problem but after the CO was set to - 15 the dead spot was gone.
I'm not a tech fundi but also check all the sensor plug's aswell, make sure they are corectly plugged in.

To set the CO is very easy and you dont need any special tool's, try it and if it does'nt work set it back to zero or ask a dealer to do the setting for you.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:00:13 pm by Jakkals »
Remember that hapiness is a way of travel - not a destination.