Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Yamaha brand Fail (2012 XT1200z Super Tenere)  (Read 4014 times)

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
Re: Yamaha brand Fail (2012 XT1200z Super Tenere)
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2012, 08:26:24 pm »
Getting back to Yamaha SA warranty. I personally rode the bike which was sent back for warranty to Japan. It had a vibration through the frame at certain rpm/speed. Which was reported back that there was a “hard” spot in the final drive which did not allow the frequency to be transferred as what it should be.
The owner received a new bike!

How is it that they will sort out a funny vibration under warranty but a serious problem like ABS not working properly and lack of power and and and is ignored.

Must be the different dealerships.
One dealership doing its job the other wiping its ass with the clients concerns.

Must be that some dealers, bikes/quads/boats and other products is their love for it first and keeping their customers happy, before they think of just making money.

Ons almal weet jy is direk ingeplug by Yamaha hemel  ;D
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline Yami Super 10

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • 1200 Super 10
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2012, 10:48:27 pm »
Getting back to Yamaha SA warranty. I personally rode the bike which was sent back for warranty to Japan. It had a vibration through the frame at certain rpm/speed. Which was reported back that there was a “hard” spot in the final drive which did not allow the frequency to be transferred as what it should be.
The owner received a new bike!

How is it that they will sort out a funny vibration under warranty but a serious problem like ABS not working properly and lack of power and and and is ignored.

Must be the different dealerships.
One dealership doing its job the other wiping its ass with the clients concerns.

Must be that some dealers, bikes/quads/boats and other products is their love for it first and keeping their customers happy, before they think of just making money.

Ons almal weet jy is direk ingeplug by Yamaha hemel  ;D

Is jy nou effens JALOERS :3some:
Geduld
Is n stadige manier om jou moer te strip!
Bikes: 2010 & 2019 ST1200
          2014 660XT

Offline Buff

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2012, 06:40:34 am »
There no two ways about it, it's the dealer that makes the difference. Had it not been, I'd be riding a KTM today. Fortunately their are still a few dealers out there that realise that the only way to get repeat customers is to treat the ones you currently have with respect and listen to their BS, no matter how petty.

The ABS issue on this bike fascinates me. That the dealer has only done diagnostic and not taken it on a dirt road to test (or put it on rollers) already tells me something about the dealer you're dealing with  :-\
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Bikermom

• Puppy
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • It must have 2 wheels!
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 11:36:19 am »
I fetched my SuperTenere on Friday afternoon.

I was a bit early and scored a cup of coffee with real milk from Danny. :)

The setting is now 15 and the front ABS system has been replaced.
Wayne was parking the bike and felt the ABS kick in where it shouldn't have.
An oil change has been done.

Thank you, Linex.

Wayne was very professional about everything. Lyle and he went all out to explain to me what has been done and how they tested things.

Wayne and Lyle had me stand on the bike without the seat and hold the brakes, hand and foot, while they ran the diagnostics, and both levers pushed out. This was to show me that the brakes are in order.

They showed me how to access the settings via my dash, should the settings of 15 not work. This is a relief as it is easy to do yourself. You do it for each cylinder. I now feel more confident.

Danny Mulder is trying out the setting on his bike, according to Wayne, and says Danny can feel a difference in performance. So that seems to be the right direction.

I now need a few hot days, and a few weeks, to see if the pop/stall is a thing of the past. If not, I'll try -15, as that was the original recommendation, now that I can do this myself. I ended up settling on +15 as the setting of +10 had softened the pop, although the bike felt pap. At +15 the Ten feels fine.

I have not gone out to put down a line yet, as I had a pillion. The STen hasn't had the adverse reaction of the brakes going up my driveway, though.

Of course, now my bike is heavy on juice, as I go everywhere at full tilt. I hope I even out soon.  ::)
 (Enjoying the extra horses.)
My daughter was pillion on Sunday for a short test, and says I'm a show-off.

So far so good, but only time will tell, as I learned previously.

I have a more positive outlook on the matter now.
 I also feel I have been heard, and that should I not be happy and cannot sort the stalling, I have somewhere I can call for a different approach.

Thank you everyone for your advice, comments and humour.
The pointers gave me ideas and things to discuss with Linex. ;)
It and the jokes kept me sane.
Each day is a new ride. :-)
Other bike a Kawa1400GTR
for the looong tar roads.

Offline Buff

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2012, 12:27:07 pm »
That sounds more like the Yamaha service we're used to  :thumleft: Hope it's all okay now and you can enjoy your bike like the rest of us  :thumleft:
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Bernt

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • riding makes me smile
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2012, 12:33:30 pm »
glad to hear you may be sorted, danny has always been willing to help. I had a problem with a BMW dealer, one of the biggest but BMW customer services sorted the problem asap - INSTRUCTED the dealership to fix. I then arranged to take it to another dealer (to avoid sabotage) and they sorted the (BMW) claim between dealers.
Suzuki AC 50. Suzuki TC 200. Honda XL 175. Honda XL 185. BMW Dakar(2001). BMW R1200GS(2004). BMW R1200GS(2006). BMW R1200GS (2010) KTM 1190R (2015) BMW R1200GS lc (2016)