Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Madonna coming out to play --  (Read 4631 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Re: Madonna coming out to play --
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 08:13:53 am »
My other 610TE has a Arrows pipe on with the Power Up kit -- could take it off and do a swop -- But i like the sound of the stock pipe Gutted and imho because of the length it has more Top End.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:42:03 pm by blazes »
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline M3X3Z3

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 09:32:02 pm »
This is why you simply need lots and lots of Huskies :biggrin:

I agree J -- Thinking along the lines of a 310TE also  :mwink:
Can't say I haven't thought about that, and the 2013 R models are real peaches too.  :pot:

Hmmmm you gonna cost me bucks --like i cost you  :peepwall: i only have two more Hussies than you and you are catching up fast  ::)

err...seeing as Dakota has relieved you of your prior 610 and 450, you are technically 2 Hussies less, my mate.  :laughing4:
Which would then mean that I have finally caught up.  :biggrin:  ( thanks Dakota.... playing catchup was becoming way too expensive )
Honda XR250  Husqvarna TE630  Husqvarna SM630  KTM 690

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 07:44:14 pm »

I agree J -- Thinking along the lines of a 310TE also  :mwink:
Can't say I haven't thought about that, and the 2013 R models are real peaches too.  :pot:

Hmmmm you gonna cost me bucks --like i cost you  :peepwall: i only have two more Hussies than you and you are catching up fast  ::)

err...seeing as Dakota has relieved you of your prior 610 and 450, you are technically 2 Hussies less, my mate.  :laughing4:
Which would then mean that I have finally caught up.  :biggrin:  ( thanks Dakota.... playing catchup was becoming way too expensive )

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm The title deed says they are still mine and --she only has the use of them  :peepwall: She will be getting a Tera 650 soon as these Huskies --get under you skin hehe.

AND they stay with me  ::)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:46:01 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 11:52:39 am »
Get some 4 - stroke exhaust packing now -- WHY ??? they say 4 strokes are for 4 strokes and 2 stroke is for 2 strokes  ??? for the love of me i have still to see the difference --

I use a whole packet --must not be to tight as you want the gasses to go into the slip on can otherwise it just blows through  ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 11:56:00 am »
Fit the core in and align --Put straps on where they belong --the way they were taken off and just put a bit of silicone --clear works well -- where the caps meet flush and rivet --

Re-fit pipe --- and Bob is your Uncle ---

Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 11:59:44 am »
Take a spare tyre form your stock pile  ::)

DUMP the silly Metzler Karoo 2 on the back --they just dont last on a 610 te maybe 1,500km

I fitted a 140 80 -18 Continental TKC --they work well for me and grip till the end --The stock tyre on front i find works well for me --

New Rubber Fitted --

Current Scooters --

Offline M3X3Z3

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 12:35:18 pm »

I agree J -- Thinking along the lines of a 310TE also  :mwink:
Can't say I haven't thought about that, and the 2013 R models are real peaches too.  :pot:

Hmmmm you gonna cost me bucks --like i cost you  :peepwall: i only have two more Hussies than you and you are catching up fast  ::)

err...seeing as Dakota has relieved you of your prior 610 and 450, you are technically 2 Hussies less, my mate.  :laughing4:
Which would then mean that I have finally caught up.  :biggrin:  ( thanks Dakota.... playing catchup was becoming way too expensive )

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm The title deed says they are still mine and --she only has the use of them  :peepwall: She will be getting a Tera 650 soon as these Huskies --get under you skin hehe.

AND they stay with me  ::)

So let me get this right; you have have never heard of "Posession is 9/10's of the law"  ??? ???      :peepwall:

Nice one there on the Terra 650  :thumleft:  seems like a lotta peeps are feeling that bike.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:36:00 pm by M3X3Z3 »

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 12:51:18 pm »
Yep i agree about the Tera --as for the rest  :imaposer:

Think in a year i will also have a look at the Tera when the have used up all the BMW parts that are in stock and start putting Husky parts on --as for the motor on that scoot--will be over 60hp when gutted and tuned  :mwink:
Current Scooters --

Offline dirtWarp

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 02:21:02 pm »
Yep i agree about the Tera --as for the rest  :imaposer:

Think in a year i will also have a look at the Tera when the have used up all the BMW parts that are in stock and start putting Husky parts on --as for the motor on that scoot--will be over 60hp when gutted and tuned  :mwink:
They are referring to hp on crank and not wheel.
Honda U.K claimed 61.2 crank hp for the XR650R as well  ::) That ended up being 45 wheel hp.

My guess is +- 40 RWHP for tera.. farcry from the 'brand that will not be named'
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 02:30:48 pm by dirtWarp »

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 03:28:17 pm »
Yep i agree about the Tera --as for the rest  :imaposer:

Think in a year i will also have a look at the Tera when the have used up all the BMW parts that are in stock and start putting Husky parts on --as for the motor on that scoot--will be over 60hp when gutted and tuned  :mwink:
Honda U.K claimed 61.2 crank hp for the XR650R as well  ::) That ended up being 45 wheel hp.

My guess is +- 40 RWHP for tera.. farcry from the 'brand that will not be named'

'brand that will not be named'

LOL
Ja nee wat --ALL good things come to a end --some time

Think i will just hang on to the Hussies i have for now and ride them till the wheels fall off and just put them back again  ::)

Took my works 634 SMR out on sunday to clean the pipes --- ;D

I am still smiling from ear to ear --- ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline M3X3Z3

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2012, 03:46:26 pm »

61.2 to 45 HP is an approximate 25% loss.
Something wrong somewhere, because drive train loss on a motor cycle is 10 - 15 %,
 ???, unless of course the Dyno was located in the Himalayas

Still, my sorted 650R never felt as strong as my SM630 after it got powered up and sorted.
Maybe thats why I sold it and ponied up on more doggies. :biggrin:

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2012, 04:58:28 pm »
Took my works 634 SMR out on sunday to clean the pipes --- ;D

I am still smiling from ear to ear --- ::)
I can't imagine what that must be like  :drif:

61.2 to 45 HP is an approximate 25% loss.
Something wrong somewhere, because drive train loss on a motor cycle is 10 - 15 %,
 ???, unless of course the Dyno was located in the Himalayas

Still, my sorted 650R never felt as strong as my SM630 after it got powered up and sorted.
Maybe thats why I sold it and ponied up on more doggies. :biggrin:
You must also account for knobbly tires vs SM. That's another 10% on the dyno and accounts for the SM feeling stronger than XRR.
I saw a couple JD jetting dyno's which reflected the 10% loss with knobblies
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:03:40 pm by dirtWarp »

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2012, 05:03:12 pm »
I took my two Italian Ladies out for coffee Sunday and just remembered what FUN they are--

No Replacement for pure Horse Power -- ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2012, 05:15:11 pm »
So i also did the wiring of the handgrips --something i do on all my bikes --

Bought a set of Ktm aftermarket foot pegs and modified them by machining the lip off the back to fit the Husky

This is the Lambda sensor on the 610 and needs to come out --

Top section of sensor that gets unplugged --

Current Scooters --

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2012, 05:17:36 pm »
Bought a set of Ktm aftermarket foot pegs and modified them by machining the lip off the back to fit the Husky

:drif:
What brand and how much?

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 05:18:36 pm »
The Power UP Kit from Halls' Racing in the USA -- ;)

What it does is set the bike ECU into --Race Map and also gets the motor to rev smoother and run cooler. They are very Lean with the cat and lambda sensor in causing extra heat.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:11:40 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2012, 05:31:34 pm »

What brand and how much?

MSD Race Parts --also came with some extra grub screws ----

They cost R699. -- i think that is well priced as my other wide pegs on the other 610 set me back R 1,250  ::)
Current Scooters --

Offline dirtWarp

• I crash like a champ!
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2012, 07:12:37 pm »

What brand and how much?

MSD Race Parts --also came with some extra grub screws ----

They cost R699. -- i think that is well priced as my other wide pegs on the other 610 set me back R 1,250  ::)
Nice find  :thumleft:

Offline alanB

• Vendors
  • Forum Whore
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2012, 11:40:37 pm »

:thumleft:

Although mine didnt come with any spare grub screws  :patch:  But they were a bit cheaper maybe because they were the last ones on hanging on the peg in the shop  :P

I cant decide now whether I need to move the gear lever head forward or not.  I drew up some CAD drawings to get something machined by CNC, but when I ride it doesn't feel that bad.  It just looks like the peg is very close to the gear lever head now.   I do have small feet though.

Its beautiful seeing the bike all shiny and new again.  Is that 630 stand any longer than the standard one?  It looks much nicer in any event!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:48:33 pm by alanB »
Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 07:37:19 am »
He he -- i got big feet -- ::)

Yep the 630 stand is only slightly longer but work's like a bomb compared to the stock one's.
Current Scooters --