Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Wild Dog Annual Bash V BMW Eco Challenge  (Read 3516 times)

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
Re: Wild Dog Annual Bash V BMW Eco Challenge
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2012, 10:04:57 am »
We can do Van Der Kloof again anytime. :deal:
Kazillion routes there and back.
Liked the little town on the water.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Gerrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Wiff a Sidecar... form Kabega
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2012, 10:24:31 am »
  :laughing4: :laughing4: Yes funny Cavegirl , but also true , its nice to see the "softer" side of the tough guys  :biggrin:.  think its great to see the guys bring their wives and kids along . Gives the Bash a lekker family atmoshphere . :thumleft: :thumleft:

The Snowvalley Bash was Lyn's first one. We were camped between Stoetbul, Groenie and the Rebel Dogz.  :eek7: Yes, it got rough at times, but the antics were taken as part and parcell, and as said, we enjoyed it the way it was.
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline Stoetbul

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • I is Stoetie
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2012, 03:00:22 pm »
  :laughing4: :laughing4: Yes funny Cavegirl , but also true , its nice to see the "softer" side of the tough guys  :biggrin:.  think its great to see the guys bring their wives and kids along . Gives the Bash a lekker family atmoshphere . :thumleft: :thumleft:

The Snowvalley Bash was Lyn's first one. We were camped between Stoetbul, Groenie and the Rebel Dogz.  :eek7: Yes, it got rough at times, but the antics were taken as part and parcell, and as said, we enjoyed it the way it was.
Hey, I drank in the Bar, went to sleep early, played with Groenie's kids and the only thing I did wrong was snore a bit. I think I was well behaved this year? :peepwall:

Offline Gerrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Wiff a Sidecar... form Kabega
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2012, 04:53:27 pm »

Hey, I drank in the Bar, went to sleep early, played with Groenie's kids and the only thing I did wrong was snore a bit. I think I was well behaved this year? :peepwall:

Indeed you were... you even kept your shirt  :imaposer:
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #64 on: October 27, 2012, 07:16:03 am »
No one is mentioning the middle finger salute that is so prevalent at Northern WD bashes  :pot: :peepwall:

fixed :lol8:

Dirt Yarpie

« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2012, 06:28:02 pm »
As a newbie, this was my first Bash, so I cannot make any comparisons. But I can say this: I will certainly try my utmost to be there again next year irrespective of where it is. For me it was all about riding with friends, meeting new friends, checking out the Bash surrounds, the camaraderie and then the ride home again. For me it was about 600km's either way ...of which about 350 was dirt. If it's further next year I'll leave earlier!
Incidentally, I don't care too much about the ablutions and general facilities...I believe that 'roughing' it just a little brings out the camaraderie!

Offline Bernt

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • riding makes me smile
« Reply #66 on: October 29, 2012, 07:05:52 pm »
central is halfway between Beit Bridge and Cape Town.............how 'bout a north and south bash????????????????? :pot:
Suzuki AC 50. Suzuki TC 200. Honda XL 175. Honda XL 185. BMW Dakar(2001). BMW R1200GS(2004). BMW R1200GS(2006). BMW R1200GS (2010) KTM 1190R (2015) BMW R1200GS lc (2016)