Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Etienne2t's MX/Enduro racing effort COOL PIC LAST PAGE*  (Read 9251 times)

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
Re: Etienne2t's MX racing effort
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2012, 03:44:00 pm »
Mend well Etienne... you must be the 5th guy I know of that broke something while training om a mountain bike getting fit for MX/Enduro/Off Road.
Daai goeters is gevaarlik! ::)

Offline alanB

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
    • www.extinction.co.za
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2012, 05:13:28 pm »
Bad luck!

But 6 weeks isnt THAT long - OK it is - but what else can one say?

I must admit I ride orders of magnitude more aggressively on my mountain bike than on my motor bike!  For some reason I'm not worried about the consequences of falling the way I am on my motorbike.  I love really fast gnarly downhills :thumleft:  I think its because the bike is so light and easy to throw around. 

And all you have in the way of protection on a MTB is a silly little helmet and virtually nothing else  :P

Husqvarna '09 610TE - Great Bike!

I just finished a SciFi novel Extinction: Task Team, download the preview.

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2012, 05:39:36 pm »
Yeah thing is when I crash I normally land on my face which is fine on MX, but silly MTB is all open and stuff.

Mend well Etienne... you must be the 5th guy I know of that broke something while training om a mountain bike getting fit for MX/Enduro/Off Road.

:D :D Getting a Specialized Verge next year so can train on the road :)

Offline Buff

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2012, 06:48:15 pm »
Yeah thing is when I crash I normally land on my face which is fine on MX, but silly MTB is all open and stuff.

:D :D Getting a Specialized Verge next year so can train on the road :)

Trust me on this one, you fall much harder on tar than gravel, stay off the black stuff for as long as possible.
Hope the wrist heals up soon  :thumleft:...and if you need someone to break in that Husky feel free to contact me anytime  ;)
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2012, 12:48:43 pm »
So....I've taken the husky for a little test..

Been very impressed so far, jumping wise it's a lot more difficult than the 4T, I keep having nose dives, but busy sorting suspension out.

The bike looks small cause of how tiny the plastics are, there's no big side plates etc. and the rear mudguard is short.
Biggest improvement has been corners, especially exit of corners, people at the track have come up to me and said how they can see I'm not struggling as much out the corners anymore but rather laying it flat and coming out fast and smooth.

Feels so good, wrist isn't too bad, but taking a nice holiday break now.

The tools for 2013..

The road bike has been nice as it's little impact compared to the MTB, took a nice 60km ride on Sat morning, nearly died from the silly heat.

Offline xTzar

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
« Reply #85 on: December 19, 2012, 07:44:25 pm »
125's are fun to ride. Just keep the throttle pinned wide open and control it with the clutch. And the biggest thing is momentum, keep momentum.
The older I get, the faster I was.

CR125M; YZ125G; YZ250J; XR500R2; DR750; YZ250'07; XR650R

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #86 on: December 19, 2012, 08:13:59 pm »
125's are fun to ride. Just keep the throttle pinned wide open and control it with the clutch. And the biggest thing is momentum, keep momentum.

Need to play around with gearing a bit, I sometimes fall off the powerband at the top right on a jump face resulting in nose dives. But we'll get there.

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2012, 09:13:48 am »
Getting low and high

Offline tau

• hasbeen and a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 750 Z Super
  • The Tool from Tulbagh
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2012, 04:25:29 pm »

Need to play around with gearing a bit, I sometimes fall off the powerband at the top right on a jump face resulting in nose dives. But we'll get there.

JA ONTHOU POWER CONSTANT =4 STROKE VIR Normale vlug .

2 stroke power vanaf lip en los throttle.Beheer baie met engine revs in lug kop op of af.
2021 Yamaha YZ 450 FX
2021 Yamaha T7 Tenere
1981 Yamaha TT600

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2012, 08:02:57 pm »
Currently attending a 4 day MX training school to teach me how to be fast yo.

Been hitting the training hard, cycling 1-2 hours everyday now in the morning, also spent the past week running lots of laps daily in 42c heat in the Karoo to build better endurance on the bike.

Putting out a request for this upcoming season, I need a sponsor to cover my race entries plzzz, it's like R350 per event or something. In return you/your brand/company will be featured in YouTube videos of the races, bike branding, trailer branding etc. I will also mow your lawns and gladly take your daughters on dates :)

Please send me a PM should anyone be interested :)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2012, 09:09:12 pm »
I am :)

Just a LITTLE --Not enough to stop riding  :peepwall:
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Pom17

• Race Dog
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Cobus van der Merwe
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2012, 11:03:34 pm »
Yes jou bliksem. Ek dink ek het al kla genoeg gesponsor as dit kom by jou MX career. Hahahahaha

Maar meer ernstig. Waar in die karoo is jy? Ons plaas is daar en ek sukkel nogsteeds met die bike lift.

En terwyl ek kan se. Ek het n sms gekry van frikkie af. Ek dink dit is fearless. Die man het aangbied om alles vir my te reel. Baie dankie. Ek waardeur dit baie. Regtig baie.

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2012, 12:40:38 pm »
Plaas is naby Ladismith, ek's klaar weer terug in kaap though.

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2013, 04:11:37 pm »
Body has been feeling good lately, my biggest downfall was living on bar ones and KFC wraps.

Been eating properly the past month, doing the proper nutrition thing when it comes to training, nailed 70km on the bicycle this morning and still feeling good.

Bike wise it's been good since we rejetted, just working on some small setup things still.

Offline Kenisis

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dubai
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2013, 12:38:22 pm »
Body has been feeling good lately, my biggest downfall was living on bar ones and KFC wraps.

Been eating properly the past month, doing the proper nutrition thing when it comes to training, nailed 70km on the bicycle this morning and still feeling good.

Bike wise it's been good since we rejetted, just working on some small setup things still.
Thats what happens to us when we get hurt, We I seek solice in food!

How often are you riding MX? Do you do any other training other than cycling? I am curious as a mixing up the training helps build the stamina!

2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 KTM Rally Replica
2016 Husqvarna FE 450
2017 Husqvarna FC 450

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2013, 01:33:27 pm »

Thats what happens to us when we get hurt, We I seek solice in food!

How often are you riding MX? Do you do any other training other than cycling? I am curious as a mixing up the training helps build the stamina!

I can only ride the mx bike twice a week due to work, but I try to get in at least 2 hours on the pedal bike daily, and I'm also fortunate to be able to train at a private facility where our Olympic Athletes train, that happens twice a week which is more core/cardio type of things.

Offline Kenisis

• Race Dog
  • Dubai
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2013, 02:19:46 pm »
The MX pro`s love the pedal Bike. Some mix in rowing and Gym to alter their stamina. Very interesting.

Have you watched inside the Outdoors?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/jIqz7jTR754?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/jIqz7jTR754?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

There is 6 episodes, Watch them they are great insight into the AMA.

Its almost super cross Time and i cannot wait, Almost as much as Dakar Time :)

Tyla on a 250 for SX and 450 for out door!

Do you have any predictions?
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 KTM Rally Replica
2016 Husqvarna FE 450
2017 Husqvarna FC 450

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2013, 02:40:49 pm »
Don't even speak of the Moto inside the outdoors :D Have watched every episode from the 2010/2011/2012 season.

Watch the 2011 series it was the best one to date.

Supercross in 2 days :) I'm a big JS7 fan, but my top 5 predictions are. RV/CR/JS/RD/Canard

what about you?

Offline Kenisis

• Race Dog
  • Dubai
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2013, 06:27:57 pm »
I would like 1. CR, 2. RV, 3 RD

But Head says 1.RV ( He has won there 3 years in a row) 2. JS7 3. CR

It will be interesting having all the big names back in the run. I hope its not another injury filled year!

Barcia could also stir things up a bit or get bitten hard by the big guns, No more kiddies games like he had in the lights
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 KTM Rally Replica
2016 Husqvarna FE 450
2017 Husqvarna FC 450

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2013, 02:48:43 pm »
&feature=player_embedded

You'd like this