Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KTM rally raid huuuuge failure!!  (Read 4921 times)

Offline >Herman<

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • If not now, when?
Re: KTM rally raid huuuuge failure!!
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 12:24:56 pm »
I think I like Elmo  >:D  >:D  >:D

Extreme Velcro

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 12:27:50 pm »
Listen julle blerrie KTM and BMW riders - do you really want EV to step in and mediate !

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Offline >Herman<

• If not now, when?
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 12:30:37 pm »
Listen julle blerrie KTM and BMW riders - do you really want EV to step in and mediate !

>:D >:D >:D >:D >:D

Ehehehehheeheheheheee... here kittty-kitty, tsk-tsk-vat hom flaffie  ;D  ;D  ;D

Nah, I recon Michnus is just to lazy to post more pictures of their Angola trip, and now he's looking for shit here... clever evel-k-nevil!  ;D

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 12:35:32 pm »
Elmo, you should take the time and read more reports and threads posted on the forum, before getting into this.

Offline >Herman<

• If not now, when?
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 12:38:29 pm »
Elmo, you should take the time and read more reports and threads posted on the forum, before getting into this.

Why? Is jy bang?  Elmo is actualy St Elmo's Fire  >:D  >:D  >:D

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 12:45:02 pm »
 :BLACK2:

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 12:47:13 pm »

HAHAHAHA jou kak stirrer, het jy nie pakkies om we te stuur nie?

Offline >Herman<

• If not now, when?
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 12:51:28 pm »
HAHAHAHA jou kak stirrer, het jy nie pakkies om we te stuur nie?

Praat jy van jou pakkie?  Dit sal vanmiddag gestuur word, tot dan het ons baie tyd vir.... ;)

Offline Uiltjie

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Caledon
    • http://www.goudinie.co.za
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 01:35:13 pm »
Yes failure from the Orange to post reports, or was there a ban on cameras? >:D

Short sighted? ... may i pose the question?,if you guys can try not not get all huffy.
Why is it that it's always a BMW okes that knocks KTM riders, the KLR, Honda, DL okes doen't have this chip on their shoulders. Your bikes will never be in our league, and you should, maybe stop comparing the two (i think this is going to get me fired from this forum).
BTW you okies should be able to take what you dish out, or didn't you read chapter 4.2 in your ownwers manual "how take take critism from other riders", this chapter is right near the back of the manual, between 4.1 - " how to disguise a broken final drive' and 4.3 - "Maintaning the boxer since world war one"

I don't feel like it, I don't have the time, but I would like to stop right here in your tracks.

Like Michnus said, spend a bit of time on this forum, get to know the guys, see how they reply to your posts etc.  You quickly learn who you can call a twatwaffle and who you can't.  Your 12 hrs and 43 posts on this forum is not enough, I'm afraid.  And I don't want to sound like one of the "ou manne", which I incedently ain't, but please watch out what you are saying and place a guard in front of your thoughts. 

Sure, we have a friendly, and I repeat, a FRIENDLY rivalry on this forum, and always between KTMs and Beemers, and we all have seen some nitwhit stepping over the line, and taking it too far.......ultimately ending in a brand bashing, that just chases away new members that could have contributed positively on this forum.

So, please, don't fuck it up for us Katoomers, we are nice people - try to be nice too!
"Sit vis vobiscum."

Offline >Herman<

• If not now, when?
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 01:40:20 pm »
Why is it that it's always a BMW okes that knocks KTM riders, the KLR, Honda, DL okes doen't have this chip on their shoulders.
I don't feel like it, I don't have the time, but I would like to stop right here in your tracks.

Uiltjie, but elmo has a point there. And why can't he give his opinion? Since when can't we take it to the "ou manne"?  This is a bike forum, not a "how's your auntie, come over for tea" forum.

Anyway, I must duck, my tea's getting cold  >:D  >:D

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 01:42:37 pm »
Yes failure from the Orange to post reports, or was there a ban on cameras? >:D

Short sighted? ... may i pose the question?,if you guys can try not not get all huffy.
Why is it that it's always a BMW okes that knocks KTM riders, the KLR, Honda, DL okes doen't have this chip on their shoulders. Your bikes will never be in our league, and you should, maybe stop comparing the two (i think this is going to get me fired from this forum).
BTW you okies should be able to take what you dish out, or didn't you read chapter 4.2 in your ownwers manual "how take take critism from other riders", this chapter is right near the back of the manual, between 4.1 - " how to disguise a broken final drive' and 4.3 - "Maintaning the boxer since world war one"

Oh my goodness...

Not again

*sigh*

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline LostDOG

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • It's confirmed - I am too sexy!
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 01:42:54 pm »
Why is it that it's always a BMW okes that knocks KTM riders, the KLR, Honda, DL okes doen't have this chip on their shoulders.

Uiltjie, but elmo has a point there. And why can't he give his opinion? Since when can't we take it to the "ou manne"?  This is a bike forum, not a "how's your auntie, come over for tea" forum.

Yip, one always has the option, like listening to a radio, to turn it off when you dont like what you're hearing.
It's a friggen motorcycle, it's not supposed to be comfortable, quiet or safe. The windnoise is supposed to hurt your ears, the seat should be hard and riding it should make you shit your pants every now and then. Suck it up. -- Scary Gary MC

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 01:44:38 pm »

The friendly remarks/rivalry is cool (and very welcome sometimes), but this post came across as more 'attacking' than 'tongue-in-cheek'.
And like H20 recently, we don't know this dude well enough to know what his intention is.

02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline Uiltjie

• Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Caledon
    • http://www.goudinie.co.za
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 01:51:30 pm »

Sure, there is no such thing as "ou manne" and new members, its just clear to see the lack of experience.  But then again, if he wants to do the brand bashing thing again, let him do it!

Ek is net al te gatvol daarvan, ek log sommer uit as ek die eerste tekens daarvan sien....jy verstaan nie hoe dit my afp*s nie!

Dit kan so lekker wees hier, maar as dit begin (soos Elmo se comment) dan is dit kak hier!  Dit is mos nie lekker nie?
"Sit vis vobiscum."

Offline >Herman<

• If not now, when?
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 02:00:35 pm »
Guys, take it easy. It's Monday, and I'm just lus for stirring.

I'm also getting gatvol for all the brand bashing, and "mine's better than yours".  It seems that there are plenty of KPS people around here.  ;)

Anyway, my tea was great.  ;D

PS: And if you have a thin skin, do not get involved in topics like this, jy sal jou moer pluk.  >:D >:D

GS-holic

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 02:06:24 pm »
Elmo = Kaksoeker

come on dames, I'm sure its  misunderstood by all, he just loves his Katoom and can see its the BMW's that mocking   us (KTM)

Or he's extra sensitive............I don't see any intent on this thread to mock KTM riders but rather an interest by others to evoke a ride report following the KTM weekend.............. but if the inferiority complex fit............
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 02:08:51 pm by GS-holic »

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2007, 02:08:33 pm »
Guys, take it easy. It's Monday, and I'm just lus for stirring.

I'm also getting gatvol for all the brand bashing, and "mine's better than yours".  It seems that there are plenty of KPS people around here.  ;)

Anyway, my tea was great.  ;D

PS: And if you have a thin skin, do not get involved in topics like this, jy sal jou moer pluk.  >:D >:D

My comments ain't for you !

That sums up my point. Whatever you post doesn't p me off as I know (like in this case) you were just making a comment in a friendly banter type of way.

Offline Plothond

• Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • I was powerslide pozer KING & TV personality
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2007, 02:11:28 pm »
I have the highest respect for every forum member I've met

- Across EVERY bike brand

I like brand bashing  >:D, but if I dish it out - I must can take it too
I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore

The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work

shark_za

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2007, 02:13:33 pm »
Even me Plottie. On the pink KLR?

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2007, 02:23:05 pm »
I have the highest respect for every forum member I've met

- Across EVERY bike brand

I like brand bashing  >:D, but if I dish it out - I must can take it too

That's my point.
The only time I've let someone get under my skin about 'brand bashing' was when its someone new.
There also is a difference between good spirited 'teasing' and when comments look like it was intended to be a little more serious.

So if I see a comment like this one by Elmo I don't know the guy AND it look a little more serious I tend get a little agitated before I turn away.