Social ride : Cederberg Oases-Old Postal Route-Tankwa Stonehenge-Katbakkies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rynet

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I had read Outthere RR’s and his pretty photos stayed on my mind the whole week .I started missing Cederberg and it’s magic air and tranquil beauty . And I was overworked and stressed . Needed to get away.  Real last minute trip , only took my radiator in to be fixed on Thursday  . Costs all of R250 to weld the hole .  :thumleft: Friday I packed in miserable rainy Cape Town weather, which fortunately cleared up when I left in the afternoon. Met Legadema in Wellington and off we went through Bains Kloof. I was glad to see the back end was more firm in the corners since I took off the raising links at the bottom that the previous owner had put on .

Legadema ( Bob ) took us through a little farm track past a dam. I was a little shaky as I was still in city ( office ) frame of mind and hadn’t yet made intimate friends with my KLR on technical routes  . This would soon change though ;) .  After a while we came to a bridge which had flooded. We stopped to reduce our tyre pressures. Some friendly farm labourers walked across and we could see it wasn’t deep . Easy riding through .

Attachments

• Cederberg Oases 013 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases 013 (Copy).JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 944
  • Cederberg Oases 021 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases 021 (Copy).JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 951
  • Cederberg Oases 025 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases 025 (Copy).JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 959
  • Cederberg Oases 030 (Copy).JPG
    Cederberg Oases 030 (Copy).JPG