Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bash..Rally?  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
Re: Bash..Rally?
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2012, 07:53:56 am »

I went to 1 rally and it was NOT my cup of tea.

Me too. Did not like it at all. Then I went to a different Rally and it wasn't too bad. I recently went to the Springbok Rally and that definitely is more tame than any bash I've been to.

So, some bashes are "worse" than some Rallys. It's all relative and general statements on Rally vs Bash is not possible.

Bashes / Rallys tend to have a certain character and all bashes / Rallys are not the same. The trick is to find bashes and rallys that suit you. Personally I try not to miss the Breede and EC bashes. Lekker laid back bashes without much egos and pissing contests. Lekker plek, lekker mense. 8)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:56:22 am by Trailrider »

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2012, 09:19:49 am »
I like the Dakar rally

O wait, wrong thread.
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline JK

« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 09:24:55 am »
I like the Dakar rally

O wait, wrong thread.

LOL yes but a little too much sand
When u are on tar u are lost  !

Ganjora

« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2012, 09:37:07 am »
Rally: anyone can attend.
Bash: only WD's and their family.

Offline Pullaway

« Reply #44 on: November 07, 2012, 09:50:36 am »
So at least you have to know someone with access to the internet. :imaposer:
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline ThomTom

« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2012, 10:19:29 am »
A Bash for me is a little like an intervarsity, ktm team, bmw team, yamaha, .... You drink to much, but there is always someone beating you, talk a lot,,,,,  eat meat (on last one in rhodes).  Let your hair down O0

I have not seen people riding bikes drunk and do stupid things, i have attended 3 national events, i leave my wife at home, not her cup of tea, but can recommend it, it is different for everyone, and you do not need to stay up all night, find a quiet spot, not that easy, and go and sleep.  Normally not a problem if you had a long ride.

It is stress release, you have to consentrate when you ride, rlax with fellow bikers, you arrive home, feeling tired but ready again to tackle day to day stuff.

Offline Storm Trooper

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2012, 10:30:42 am »
At a bash nobody has cut off's with colours  >:D :peepwall:
You can only ride for a handfull of clubs namely "The Darksiders""The Beemers" :pot:

Offline Heimer

• Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Kan nie ALZ onthou nie
    • Social Travel Digital solutions
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2012, 10:37:29 am »
Rally's het nie skaapkop etes nie

maar word bygewoon deur skaapkoppe
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 10:38:03 am by Heimer »

Matriek getuigskrif 1979: ........... is 'n vriendelike seun met volop selfvertroue. Hy tree soms vreemd op. Die skool se beste wense vergesel hom.

Offline ZAR

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2012, 11:36:37 am »

I have not seen people riding bikes drunk and do stupid things

:thumleft:
When injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty!

A dubious plan decisively executed is more likely to succeed than a very good plan tentatively executed.

To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary.  To one without faith, no explanation is possible.               - Thomas Aquinas (1225 – 1274) -  2013 -  Suzuki DL650 2007; 2012-2013 Suzuki DL1000 2009 Crashed; 2009-2012 Suzuki DL650 2006 Sold; 2009-2012 PGO G-MAX 125cc 2009 Sold; 1990-1990 Suzuki GSX750 1982 Sold; 1988-1991 Suzuki RG50F

Offline ButchH

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Ми тебе тиснути
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 11:46:52 am »
Rally's het nie skaapkop etes nie

maar word bygewoon deur skaapkoppe

:thumleft:
GSA 1150
XL 250
GS 1200

Offline Jacko

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Hildebrand & Wolfmuller (all models)
  • "Don't be a hater, yo." Riaan Cruywagen
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 11:51:03 am »
So at least you have to know someone with access to the internet. :imaposer:

+1000  :imaposer:
"The test of a man is not the forum nor the field; not the marketplace nor the amen corner, but at his own fireside. There he lays aside his mask, and you may judge whether he be imp or angel, king or cur, hero or humbug." -  William Cowper Brann

Offline Pullaway

« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 01:05:57 pm »
A Bash for me is a little like an intervarsity, ktm team, bmw team, yamaha, .... You drink to much, but there is always someone beating you, talk a lot,,,,,  eat meat (on last one in rhodes).  Let your hair down O0

I have not seen people riding bikes drunk and do stupid things, i have attended 3 national events, i leave my wife at home, not her cup of tea, but can recommend it, it is different for everyone, and you do not need to stay up all night, find a quiet spot, not that easy, and go and sleep.  Normally not a problem if you had a long ride.

It is stress release, you have to consentrate when you ride, rlax with fellow bikers, you arrive home, feeling tired but ready again to tackle day to day stuff.
Not all WD's are saints you know, so if this type of fun upset you hit the sack early! :thumleft: Some pics from a previous bash:
It's better to burn out than to fade away!

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 01:15:16 pm »
Strippers!!!

:biggrin:
And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 01:24:48 pm »

Not all WD's are saints you know, so if this type of fun upset you hit the sack early! :thumleft: Some pics from a previous bash:

Good wholesome fun :D

Offline badballie

• Macum Amicum Est
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • www.bikersagainstdrugs.co.za
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 01:30:50 pm »
At a bash nobody has cut off's with colours  >:D :peepwall:
You can only ride for a handfull of clubs namely "The Darksiders""The Beemers" :pot:

I haven't been to a Bash ..............yet.

And the only difference is .............. the laanies can tell their laanie friends they were at a Bash. Rally is to kommin to be associated with.  :imaposer:

Same thing different name.

You know like sundowners on the beach vs sit en suip op die strand terwyl son ondergaan.
Cash, Gas or Ass............ no-one rides for free :-)

I did it because I can, I can because I want to and I want to because you said that I couldn't !!!!!!!

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 03:13:11 pm »
Have not been to a bash yet, can imagine that it could only be fun of the good and clean kind. Been to 5 roadbike rallies, Joker rally in Tulbach, Beaver in Barrydale, 3x Buffalo all in Mosselbay. Enjoy the rallies, always a lot to see, and while I would not ever rev a bike in neutral, there is some perverse satisfaction to be gotten from seeing a oke rev his engine kaput. Usually the oke who can least afford it too.
This little oke in the beer/stripper tent revved his CBR400 @ 16000RPM for hours, then because of all the people screaming encouragement, a conrod came out the front of the crankcase to see what is going on. Some time later we walk past this revver, he was sitting on a haybale, crying; "Hoe gaan ek nou by die huis kom" We did not give advice as to how he is to reach home.

Offline Karel Kat

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • 'Burn Babilaan an de wicked'
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 03:18:29 pm »
Enjoy the rallies, always a lot to see, and while I would not ever rev a bike in neutral, there is some perverse satisfaction to be gotten from seeing a oke rev his engine kaput. Usually the oke who can least afford it too.

Exactly why I love rallies. It's an observer's paradise with some good old anarchy and zefness mixed in. There is a world of difference between rallies and bashes but there are some shared attributes and if you like bikes and you like dop you will like both.
Proudly colonialist dog walker and brannewyn libtard

Offline AntonW

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 03:21:13 pm »
Have not been to a bash yet, can imagine that it could only be fun of the good and clean kind. Been to 5 roadbike rallies, Joker rally in Tulbach, Beaver in Barrydale, 3x Buffalo all in Mosselbay. Enjoy the rallies, always a lot to see, and while I would not ever rev a bike in neutral, there is some perverse satisfaction to be gotten from seeing a oke rev his engine kaput. Usually the oke who can least afford it too.
This little oke in the beer/stripper tent revved his CBR400 @ 16000RPM for hours, then because of all the people screaming encouragement, a conrod came out the front of the crankcase to see what is going on. Some time later we walk past this revver, he was sitting on a haybale, crying; "Hoe gaan ek nou by die huis kom" We did not give advice as to how he is to reach home.

You were seen at the Old School Bash, or having to ride that lovely little DT of your so far blotted the experience out of your mind
Henry Kissinger is said to have once opined that "academic debates are so bitter because the stakes are so low.

" It's only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you
realise that there is always a way to solve problems without using violence "

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Wiff a Sidecar... form Kabega
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 03:32:51 pm »

You were seen at the Old School Bash, or having to ride that lovely little DT of your so far blotted the experience out of your mind

The evidence
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !

Offline Gérrard

• AKA 'jupiter' maar noem my Gerard.
  • Global Moderator
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
  • Wiff a Sidecar... form Kabega
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 03:34:14 pm »
Die wat kan sę of die 'n bash of 'n rally was... laat ons hoor, so nie sien ek nie juis 'n verskil nie  :imaposer:
...dis nooit te laat om n happy childhood te he nie !

Build a sidecar they said. It will be fun they said. Ja-nee !