Killarney Race Day 06.10.07 - Scribble and Fireblade in Action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Extreme Velcro

Well, I am not too sure if this belongs into ride reports, but hey, it was a good day and I want to do a report on it, so........

It was my first visit to Killarney Race Track in exactly 25 years and 361 days - the last time I went to Killarney to see the launch of the Suzuki Katanas on the 10th October 1981 after which, on the way home, I ended up in hospital for three months and on crutches off and on for two years, so this was quite an event.

Thanks to a friend whose father owns Midas in Paardeneiland - I am discussing a "friends and family" race day for next year to raise funds for my various animal causes with him and others - we got freebies and a special place in the Midas stand.

First things first though, couldn't find the stand so off to the clubhouse where we bumped into Scribble in leathers, getting ready to race after the morning's racing had been a bit of a disaster due to wet weather (gawd, if only these racers knew that we don't come to the races to watch them stay upright, but  >:D >:D >:D >:D).

A beer and bottle of wine later with some slap chips and we were off to the Midas stand to check out the action.  Man, I have so forgotten how much I enjoy watching the whole atmosphere and the fun that goes with watching people race around a track. 

The best of course, was the motorcycle racing â?? here are some of the pics taken:

racing091.jpg

Cool BMW!
racing102.jpg

racing092.jpg

racing093.jpg

racing105-1.jpg

racing104.jpg

racing103.jpg

And a final wave from the man of the moment
racing106.jpg

It is definitely a lot of fun if you know someone who is out there racing, but really, people, where were my thrills and spills?  Its just not the same anymore!

I had a fantastic time - more pics from Mark to follow and should I arrange a day at the races, I hope to see all of you there !