Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Question to the KTM riders/owners  (Read 2225 times)

Offline Plothond

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • I was powerslide pozer KING & TV personality
Re: Question to the KTM riders/owners
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2007, 03:09:35 pm »
Seeing as I'm toying with the idea of getting myself an 03-04 950, I have to accept the fact that it's gonna have quite a bit of km's on, so I would like to know what kinda mileage these bikes can get to reliably?

My bike is going into the dealer on Monday - PM me, we can talk
My 990 is waiting
I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore

The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work

Offline Plothond

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • I was powerslide pozer KING & TV personality
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2007, 03:15:16 pm »
Hein Prinsloo from Pretoria has done 100 000 km on his 04 950. Clutch seal leak and fuel pump replaced - thats all - not fugging bad !! It was because of this that I bought my 950. I went with Hein to Malawi last year when he was on his "oumatjie" is he calls her. She is still going strong - soos 'n jagse hasie !!

Hein is selling the bike - It is on the floor at Biking Accessories at the moment (well, 2 weeks ago)
Two very interesting things I noticed
a. The bike does not look like it has had a 100 000km done on it - honestly I would have guessed about 40 000km until I saw the reading on the clock
b. Even if it sells for even R 15 000 below the asking price - then that bike has held it's value VERY VERY WELL
I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore

The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work

Offline Nardus

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
  • Njam-Njum
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2007, 03:42:18 pm »
Hein Prinsloo from Pretoria has done 100 000 km on his 04 950. Clutch seal leak and fuel pump replaced - thats all - not fugging bad !! It was because of this that I bought my 950. I went with Hein to Malawi last year when he was on his "oumatjie" is he calls her. She is still going strong - soos 'n jagse hasie !!

Hein is selling the bike - It is on the floor at Biking Accessories at the moment (well, 2 weeks ago)
Two very interesting things I noticed
a. The bike does not look like it has had a 100 000km done on it - honestly I would have guessed about 40 000km until I saw the reading on the clock
b. Even if it sells for even R 15 000 below the asking price - then that bike has held it's value VERY VERY WELL

Does show that the KTM's can 1stly last that long and 2ndly if looked after still look good at an elderly age. And he put a couple of hard kilometers on it. Unfortunately, he downgraded to a 640.
Let the snake slide and the lizzard slither and LET IT BE !

Offline Mark Hardy

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2007, 07:08:50 pm »
Seeing as I'm toying with the idea of getting myself an 03-04 950, I have to accept the fact that it's gonna have quite a bit of km's on, so I would like to know what kinda mileage these bikes can get to reliably?

I would not go for 03 (silver rims) model, as it is said to give problems.  However, Mark Hardy has had an 03 for almost 40 000 trouble free kms.

Look in Adv Rider forum, some guys have done way over 100 000km without any hassles.

Sorry small correction........I have the 04. No problems and just pure adulterated fun >:D