My Sortie To Sertoes 2013 (Slight mishap: right arm in cast!!) See pg 4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panne

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
It has always been my intention that should I ever enter a rally raid event, I will keep it to myself at first.  At numerous times I thought that I might even wait until after the event. My main reason for this is that nobody likes to make a fool of him- or herself. What is the sense in making a huge noise and then having to come back later and say:  “I screwed it up” or “It was too tough” or some excuse along these lines? ::)

But then I sort of spilled the beans elsewhere on the forum and in addition I also thought, why on earth NOT? This is one of those once in a lifetime opportunities and no matter what happens, with respect, I don’t care what anyone else might think! ;)

So here goes:

About a month ago, in a moment of extreme weakness, I registered for Rally Dos Sertoes 2013. Earlier this week my entry fee was paid, which effectively means there’s NO TURNING BACK NOW! :eek:

I am definitely not going to try to emulate BlueBull2007’s excellent report of his participation in the Sertoes, but I will tell you about my journey there in my words. :thumleft:

So come along on my Sortie to Sertoes 2013 if you’d like! :mwink:

FIRST UPDATE (9/11/12)

Here's the list (not exhaustive) of what needs to be done:  :mwink:

• 1. Register (check)
    2. Pay entry fee (check)
    3. GET FIT!
    4. Book plane ticket
    5. GET FIT!
    6. Sort out FIM licence
    7. GET FIT!
    8. Book rental bike and assistance
    9. GET FIT!