SLUMDOGS OLD THOMAS RIVER BASH 10/11 NOV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vis Arend

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-250 Rally
jupiter planned a trip to our valley as part of his monthly outride on 10/11 November 2012. They asked us (Slumdogs) to join them on this ride and the one thing led to the other and before we knew a Slumdog bash was organized.

The bash was held at the Old Thomas River Historical Village.  Here a short background of Old Thomas River.
“Thomas River, named in 1801, takes its name from an English deserter, Thomas Bentley. Part of Van Der Kemps missionary, Bentley was killed by a poison Bushman Arrow while crossing the river, thus duly named Thomas River.
The original train station, sited between the stone forts, dates from the late 1870’s with the new station coming into being in 1926. The station saw its last train in 1948 when the new line opened.
Thomas River Historical Village, reborn in 2003, has been passionately restored by Jeff and Ann Sansom to take you back to yesteryear.”

The different groups left their places early Saturday morning (some left on Friday already and got lost on their way) and met at Middledrift, they took a scenic route to King Sandile dam, from there to Hogsback were they had lunch.  After lunch it was another scenic drive and short stint to Old Thomas River.

As me and the wife were forced to attended by cage I will leave the rest of the stories and most of the photos to the others to complete this RR.

Here is my contribution.

(Oops, got a problem with photobucket, will load pictures soon) Photobucket sorted, see post nr 24.

Please add all other contibutions hereunder.   :thumleft: