Madikela Game Reserve.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poplap

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
Due to myself and MINZI having to miss out on the National Bash and the North West bash this year due to work commitments, we were sitting in the kitchen one night and decided that if Riaan ( MINZI ) completes a big contract before the weekend, then we will take a quick break 'somewhere' just to recharge our batteries and reconnect.

By Wednesday this (past) week, Riaan phones me and instructs me to book a weekend away. This was going to be nice! I used my old friend, Google and started searching for all the known and trusted places where we have been to in the past and that would allow bikes onto their property. As Lady UN-Luck would have it everybody was fully booked due to the Cherry Festival in the Free State, big groups booking into their establishments or people just not getting back to us. Wednesday evening, Riaan decides not to take the Friday off in order to catch up on some other projects that is running behind schedule. This left us with only the Saturday and Sunday for a quick getaway.  :dousing: :dousing:

Eventually, the lady at Madikela Private Game Reserve responded to my email and confirmed that our bikes will be allowed on the farm, but that we will not be able to do game viewing with the bikes. NO PROBLEM, as we want to enjoy the ride there, have a lekker kuier and enjoy the ride back home.

Our weekend started by setting our alarm clocks for 30 min. later than normal for Saturday morning (05:30)...... :patch: :patch:

We eventually had everything packed and checked at 07:00 and got onto the bikes when my phone rang. Now, as some of you will know, my Mother-in-Law has been staying with us after Riaan's Stepdad passed away recently. It was my Sister-in-Law wanting to know what my Mil's pin number for her cellphone is as she is staying there for the weekend. I looked at Riaan and all he did was to remove ALL of his ATGATT, unlocked the house, get the spare keys for the cottage and instructed me to go and look for the PIN code while he has a 'gemoedsbekakking'.

Eventually, we were on the road and on our way to the Bushveld with nothing to worry us and me being instructed by Riaan to tell him when he rides to fast and to slow down and enjoy the ride. With this new 'power' in hand, I decided to take the lead to Beestekraal station for breakfast.

Now, you have to understand, Riaan normally loads all the routes and waypoint on my GPS to make life more enjoyable for me. 20 Minutes into the trip, he decides to change the route and take a longer route to Brits. Now, I have to follow him!  :eek7:

Eventually, we were about 5km's from Brits (from Krugersdorp) and an hour into our journey. Just before Brits, batman decided that I was in his way and that he would look better on the back of my bike with me, than in his own vehicle. Riaan saw this, slowed down and told me to pass him. With me being in front again and Riaan looking at batman with an evil look in his face, we were on the road again. Next stop, Beestekraal station for some well deserved breakfast!

17112012751.jpg

Here we spotted a fellow Wild/Rebel Dog with his son on their KTM 990ADV. The first thing I told Riaan was, "See, this is going to be a dream trip with your dream bike being parked at our first stop'. Old Grumpy responded by switching his intercom off and inspecting the KTM. I tried to have him pose for a photo, but he carried on walking to a table and making himself comfortable. We had a nice brekkie and the Riaan proceeded to inform me that I will be the official photographer for the weekend. :mwink:

17112012754.jpg

More to follow.