Varkkneukel got himself a new toy ! just added the 1st ride impression as well.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eisbein

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Typical fashion to get the whole forum up in arms giving me advice and such and then change my mind about my specification. lets call it 'scope creep' :D

Vicky and I had a discussion last night about her learning on a bike and we both agreed that a XR660 is going to be a little over the top for her to learn on. So I decided that I can still commute on a smaller bike, albeit at 110 km/h.

So we started looking at options.
Narrowed it down to a Djebel 200 or 250, a Baja 250 or a TW200.
Interestingly, the TW200 was the one that caught Vicky's attention the most.
I just couldn't get my head around the 7 liter tank...

Thanks to Bobnob who pointed me in the direction of Pocketrockets (my have they upped their game since I last saw them in the previous premises) I went to go and check out a Djebel 200 (in an awesome condition for R12900).

I took Vicky with as she needs to obviously be happy and 'fit' the bike.

The problem arose when I couldn't see the Djebel...

'Where's the Djebel ?' 'Right there.' 'Where?' 'Right there in front of you, just behind the TTR250'

"There's something behind the TTR ?!?!"

What a freakin' awesome bike.

So (naturally) I checked out the TTR (checked out the specs earlier and it is rather favorable).

Note to anyone looking for a Djebel 200 - Don't testride a TTR250... :D

I fell in love. The bike just feels right. Was more impressed with it than the XT660 I rode the day before.
Btw - they had two there: The 'normal' more sporty version and the Raid - for the same price. (Just over R19000 with new tyres, a service, roadworthy and registration included.)

I 'fitted' Vicky on it and she can comfortably tilt it about 40 degrees down before it becomes too heavy for her to bring back up. I think that should be fine.
Feet on the ground enough and everything.

Supposedly it's top speed is 140, so it should do 110/120 without too much effort.
I love the feel and response of the bike.

So I did the right thing.
Paid right there.

Taking delivery on Tuesday - they just need RW and registration and they won't make it for today. (Saturday they don't work on full staff compliment either, so they can't do it then)
I am stoked!

I thought that this was going to be a serious bore for me, but I was very impressed by it.
Watty and TR - if I could get an extra day off for the bash I would have come and show it to you on the bash...

I am thinking of a 'maiden voyage' to George one very early Saturday morning though...

Here's the pics so long...

Attachments

• Raid1.jpg
    Raid1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 492
  • raid2.jpg
    raid2.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 488
  • raid3.jpg
    raid3.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 485