Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: The small bike thread  (Read 25503 times)

Offline Vintage_Mania

• Administrator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
Re: The small bike thread
« Reply #740 on: September 01, 2021, 03:37:00 pm »
En my eerste upgrade
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Online skydiver

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-250L
  • Free as a bird
« Reply #741 on: September 01, 2021, 03:39:42 pm »
Mooi @Vintage_Mania
Ek wil nog eendag so XT250 besit  :drif:

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #742 on: September 01, 2021, 03:47:04 pm »
En my eerste upgrade

VM is hy gerestoreer of lyk hy so van nuutgeit? :thumleft: :drif:
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

Offline Vintage_Mania

• Administrator
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
« Reply #743 on: September 01, 2021, 03:53:16 pm »
En my eerste upgrade

VM is hy gerestoreer of lyk hy so van nuutgeit? :thumleft: :drif:

Daai pic is al amper 20 jaar oud ek besit hom lankal al nie meer nie. Daai tyd het ek net slaapsak vasgestrek en R50 in my sak gesteek en gery.

People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day. And doing nothing often leads to the very best kind of something.

Offline DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Teelhond
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • ChrisL .. aka...Chris Louw
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #744 on: September 01, 2021, 03:55:04 pm »
Sorry het verstaan jyt hom nou aangeskaf.
MOTORCYCLE ACCESSORIES RETAILER
info@dustriders.co.za
ENDURISTAN SOFTLUGGAGE IMPORTER
www.dustriders.co.za

The following users thanked this post: Bonthond

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR250 Tornado
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #745 on: September 17, 2021, 03:52:14 pm »
Test rode this guy today here in Bloem.
Xpulse 200

Very nice bike!!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 03:52:48 pm by Grunder »
the Truth will offend at first

Offline zebra - Flying Brick

• Forum Vendor: Flying Brick Motorcycle Accessories 021 510 6455 info@flyingbrick.co.za
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
  • 8 Shropshire St, P Eiland S33░54.712 E018░28.208
    • [b]-Flying Brick- Motorcycle Accessories[/b]
« Reply #746 on: September 17, 2021, 04:15:21 pm »
Test rode this guy today here in Bloem.
Xpulse 200

Very nice bike!!

Keen to hear more of you thoughts on itů?
Thanks!
Chris
DYLAN 021 510 6455        bike@flyingbrick.co.za  
NICKY 021 510 6455            service@flyingbrick.co.za JAN 021 510 6455             web@flyingbrick.co.za
BEN 021 510 6455           sales@flyingbrick.co.za 
WERNER 021 510 6455   orders@flyingbrick.co.za
WHATS APP:                    067 278 1893

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #747 on: September 17, 2021, 04:33:26 pm »
Well, I could only take it around the block. It was not a demo. So the 3km on it now is me

That being said, it was a pleasure to ride. The foorpegs felt a bit high but I quickly got used to that (rode it after the sym so was maybe only 'different'). Pegs has rubbers that can be taken out. Dash is clear to read, has a gear indicator.
Has nice pull from one traffic light to the next.

I went with a friend. He was looking at the sym 200. As we walked out I spotted the xpulse (I was told they were not in bloem). Anyway, I love the bike. My friend was convinced with the sym as we were initially walking out... now he wants the xpulse.

I must say for R43k you get a lot; decent tires (as apposed what was on the sym), decent steel bashplate, handguards (boneless ofc), luggage plate plus a screen. And the other thing I loved was the fact that there was no unnecessary plastics on the front; metal tank.

The sym on the other hand R34k (demo). Still needs crash protection, plastic bashplate,  no handguards, no luggage plate.

Anyway, not a bike vs bike review.

I thoroughly enjoyed riding the xpulse.

I would buy one.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 04:34:39 pm by Grunder »

Offline BuRP

« Reply #748 on: September 17, 2021, 05:16:38 pm »
Just watched this...

That's Sterling 5500 only .... anyone knows if it's for sale here, and price perhaps?
If yes & similar I just may be tempted to go do trackdays again  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 05:17:32 pm by BuRP »
Sparta MC50, 46 other 50cc's, Garelli Tiger Cross, Jawa 250, Kreidler RS (plated), Kawasaki S1 250/3, S2 350/3, H1 500/3, H2 750/3, Suzuki GT380/3 - 10 year gap - KDX200, BMW 1150GS Adventure, Honda CBR600RR, Honda XR650R 2007 & 2003, Honda CRF230, Yamaha BWS100, BMW F800GS Adventure, Husqvarna 701 Enduro 2018, KTM 790 Adv R 2019, KTM 2020 XC-W TPI 300 Six Days, KTM 2014 500 EXC-W Six Days, KTM 790 Adv R Rally 2020, KTM 890 Adv R Rally 2021

Offline JIMMI

« Reply #749 on: September 17, 2021, 06:23:28 pm »
Well, I could only take it around the block. It was not a demo. So the 3km on it now is me

That being said, it was a pleasure to ride. The foorpegs felt a bit high but I quickly got used to that (rode it after the sym so was maybe only 'different'). Pegs has rubbers that can be taken out. Dash is clear to read, has a gear indicator.

I went with a friend. He was looking at the sym 200. As we walked out I spotted the xpulse (I was told they were not in bloem). Anyway, I love the bike. My friend was convinced with the sym as we were initially walking out... now he wants the xpulse.

I must say for R43k you get a lot; decent tires (as apposed what was on the sym), decent steel bashplate, handguards (boneless ofc), luggage plate plus a screen. And the other thing I loved was the fact that there was no unnecessary plastics on the front; metal tank.

The sym on the other hand R34k (demo). Still needs crash protection, plastic bashplate,  no handguards, no luggage plate.

I would buy one.
I've also looked at the SYM and really like it.
Being anal and analytical I compared it with the Xpule 200.
The Xpulse is very appealing, however be careful , it seems some sold in SA are the older BS4. (no oil cooler on down frame in front of engine).
The newer BS6 has an oil cooler and testers say it is far smoother and less stressed on the open road and when operating in the higher RPM range.
To differentiate, the old BS4 has the exhaust header going next to the cylinder while the new BS6 has the exhaust going under the engine along the bottom frame rail.

Use it or dont use it.

Nice bike regardless. Good value for money
May the best of today be the worst of tomorrow.
In the garage.
BMW R1150GS, BMW R80

Offline sidetrack

• Keep it real, keep it a single
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT 660 Z
« Reply #750 on: September 17, 2021, 06:52:19 pm »
Just watched this...

That's Sterling 5500 only .... anyone knows if it's for sale here, and price perhaps?
If yes & similar I just may be tempted to go do trackdays again  :thumleft:
R3 maybe ? R85 000
Little by little, one travels far
J.R.R Tolkien

Offline Piglettw200

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
« Reply #751 on: September 17, 2021, 11:21:20 pm »
WR250r Yamaha .

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
  • Bike: KTM 690 Adventure
  • Slim like Bill, straight like Steve
« Reply #752 on: September 18, 2021, 08:50:29 am »

I would buy one.
The Xpulse is very appealing, however be careful , it seems some sold in SA are the older BS4. (no oil cooler on down frame in front of engine).
The newer BS6 has an oil cooler and testers say it is far smoother and less stressed on the open road and when operating in the higher RPM range.
To differentiate, the old BS4 has the exhaust header going next to the cylinder while the new BS6 has the exhaust going under the engine along the bottom frame rail.

Use it or dont use it.

The Xpulse, and all other Indian/Chinese marques, are not good value for money. It only seem so as you pay less when you buy, but it won't last like the Korean or Japanese bikes, and on selling

time they get thrown in with BibBoy's, Kazuma's, etc, and your value is gone.

One gets what you pay for.

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #753 on: September 18, 2021, 11:48:23 am »

I would buy one.

Use it or dont use it.

The Xpulse, and all other Indian/Chinese marques, are not good value for money. It only seem so as you pay less when you buy, but it won't last like the Korean or Japanese bikes, and on selling

Well... to be honest... you say that about bmw as well so...

Offline JIMMI

« Reply #754 on: September 18, 2021, 03:48:46 pm »

I would buy one.

Use it or dont use it.

I suppose life is like this...
In the old days a ship goes into a foreign port for a run ashore.
You can give each sailor a case of beer and a women...
and someone will always complain because he wants a bottle of wine and a man....

No malice or harm intended
May the best of today be the worst of tomorrow.
In the garage.
BMW R1150GS, BMW R80

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #755 on: September 18, 2021, 05:59:46 pm »

I would buy one.

Use it or dont use it.

Well... to be honest... you say that about bmw as well so...

BMW is the opposite, not cheap and a fancy dealer network the paying client has to subsidise. BMW's are also gross.

So, you weren't that honest.

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #756 on: September 18, 2021, 06:04:02 pm »
In fact, now that Grunder dragged in BMW, just do a Google search on BMW GS310 reliability.

Sidestands, waterpumps, stators, all on low kms, bikse more in the shops it seems than under an owner.

Why?  They're built in India.

Do not waste your money.

Offline Grunder

• Race Dog
  • Maak 'n koffie
« Reply #757 on: September 18, 2021, 07:11:42 pm »
In fact, now that Grunder dragged in BMW, just do a Google search on BMW GS310 reliability.

Sidestands, waterpumps, stators, all on low kms, bikse more in the shops it seems than under an owner.

Do not waste your money.
Jy klink nou soos big oil met sy saga teen die 790

Offline 2StrokeDan

• a Man of Character
  • Worshond
« Reply #758 on: September 18, 2021, 08:49:10 pm »

Do not waste your money.
Jy klink nou soos big oil met sy saga teen die 790

:biggrin: en waar word die 790 gebou? :biggrin: :imaposer:   

Moenie kak koop nie.

Offline Piglettw200

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
« Reply #759 on: September 19, 2021, 09:26:20 am »
Mighty Mouse and big Cousin out for a day ride