Will this bike handle what I'm asking of it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
Hey guys,

New to this forum, I know its primarily a dirt bike forum, but I know a lot of you guys probably ride on the road too.

Hoping that some of you guys have experience with the CBX 250.

I have had a KLR 650 for years and commuted on it, but I don't want to destroy it by commuting on it every day.

I have to commute to Midrand from the west rand and will be doing the bulk of my trip on the N14 to Pretoria.

Some of my concerns about the CBX 250 are, does it have the grunt to safely ride on a highway like that every day?

My other concern is that I will rack up big mileage on the bike, 20k + km per year, so not sure how long the bike will last.

Have been considering something bigger, but then I will have to go second hand which I am not wild about as my budget only allows me to buy something in the price range of a new CBX 250.

So, my questions are to all the CBX owners (or anyone with some experience with them), how would a Twister measure up to this, could it handle the highway no problem, and how would it hold up to big mileages - could I expect it to still be going strong after 50-60K Km+ ? (Obviously assuming ample maintenance is done)?

Any feedback from you guys who have experience with  twisters would be great,

Thanks