Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: suspension upgrade?  (Read 301 times)

Offline Rolling Stone

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
suspension upgrade?
« on: December 02, 2012, 12:11:46 pm »
I have heard that the ultimate suspension upgrade for a 690 is to use 530 shocks and have them pimped a bit. question is - Will this also be true for the 690 enduro (not R). Is there a difference between the enduro and the R in terms of swing arm etc. if not, what are the suggestions ito suspension. I do enjoy the fact that my feet can reach the ground, but would like some more travel. or can I improve the ride by just working on my current shocks

Offline Toors

• Bike: KTM 1050 Adventure
Re: suspension upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 08:23:16 am »
I have heard that the ultimate suspension upgrade for a 690 is to use 530 shocks and have them pimped a bit. question is - Will this also be true for the 690 enduro (not R). Is there a difference between the enduro and the R in terms of swing arm etc. if not, what are the suggestions ito suspension. I do enjoy the fact that my feet can reach the ground, but would like some more travel. or can I improve the ride by just working on my current shocks

Don't waste your time.  just take your bike to Hilton Hayward.  The correct springs and set-up depends on your weight and type of riding.  He does all my offroad bikes and have just done my 690.  best money spend...  ever.

Regards Dries
KTM 350 XCF-W
KTM 1050 Adv
Silent Submerge N-19 Saltwater
  "Those who say it can't be done, should get out of the way of those who is already doing it..."  Sheck Exley