9 December test run and a pleasant suprise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharingroads

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
DKW (all models)
We decided that we want to test Carrot and Sonix on a longer ride than 5 minutes in town, so we decided to head out to RSR to see what is going on at the 24hour.

Very basic route, go to Rigel, hit a left, all the wat to N12, turn left again, and 2 turnoffs further we are there.

On the way there it was slightly overcast, which made it so much better to ride.

IMG_0595.jpg

When we got there it was actually fairly boaring. We did not know the riders, we did not know the visitors, so we grabed something to eat and headed back, but I did have a different route in mind.

On the way back we stopped for a pic or 2.

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

And a bit closer to Pretoria

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

We then turned right in Bapsfontein and went to QS where we took some pics between having a coke and chilling in the shade.

IMG_0625.jpg

IMG_0629.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0638.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

We also found some dogs there, and I got a tounge lashing for having the cleanest KTM in SA.

From QS we headed in the general direction of Cullinan, and soon we got to roadworks. They waved us through and at the end of the roadsworks we caught up to the traffic, so I was looking around a bit, still feeling guilty after the kak out, and saw this.

IMG_0641.jpg

IMG_0642.jpg

Probably a railroad service road that was ridden thousands of times by fellow WD's, but virgin territory for us.

Quick words of encouragement, endearment and faith, and we set off.

6 km later we stopped for a quick recap.

IMG_0644.jpg

And then followed the dirt on the other side of the tar road.

Got some puddles

IMG_0647.jpg

Unfortunatly the GS started overheating so we high tailed to tar, and hit the highway to try and cool the water down.
As we entered Tswane(nee Pretoria) we stopped here

IMG_0649.jpg

IMG_0650.jpg

for some milkshakes and to chat about an awesome ride.

Then home where the bikes were ready to wash, the dogs bath was ready, the braai was ready.

IMG_0651.jpg

And for the Wild Dogs that gave me the tounge lashing, if you look carefully at the following two pics, you might see some dirt.

IMG_0645.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg