Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Bike that doesn't fall over  (Read 707 times)

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
Re: Bike that doesn't fall over
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2012, 04:19:36 pm »
Why would not be able to push it back? the gyros only prevent it from falling over not preventing it to go backwards

Because you can't put your feet down on the ground, and before getting out of it you activate the steel pegs that hold it up when the gyro stops, so pushing from the outside would be a bit of a mission.

EDIT: and you cant reach the steering wheel from the outside either, or the brakes...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 04:20:44 pm by Mr Zog »
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2012, 04:23:38 pm »
Why would not be able to push it back? the gyros only prevent it from falling over not preventing it to go backwards

Because you can't put your feet down on the ground, and before getting out of it you activate the steel pegs that hold it up when the gyro stops, so pushing from the outside would be a bit of a mission.

EDIT: and you cant reach the steering wheel from the outside either, or the brakes...
Watched the video's yet? :sip:

Offline Mr Zog

• Well fuck me, I'm a
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL500S
  • Without the gutter my mind would be homeless...
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2012, 04:27:18 pm »
Watched the video's yet?

Yip... I think its a great concept, and as you mentioned it has a reverse gear, so my initial question was answered. I was just explaining my rational for asking the question in the first place.  :thumleft:
Young enough to know I can, old enough to know I shouldn't, stupid enough to do it anyway.