2 Day Trip Through the Cederberg (10&11 December 2012)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
With reference to the thread I started ( https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=112647.0 ) under the “Planning a Ride Section”, I had inviting fellow WD’s to join me on, what was for me a very loooooooooong overdue,…. trip to the Cederberg Area. After quite a few guys had indicated that they were very keen, interested & eager,….in the end, the following 6 riders met together @ the Caltex Garage (next to Durbanville Medi-Clinic) at 07h30:

1. Bring It On (1200GS).
2. Buff (S10).
3. Doug C (KLR 650).
4. Mambat (KTM 990).
5. Murdock (KTM 990).
6. Rough Rider (Husky 610).

The proposed/planned trip was as follows:

Day 1: Durbanville to Cederberg Oasis (including a run up to the top of Katbakkies Pass & back down again) : ± 311km (Durbanville, Wellington, Bainskloof Pass, past Wolseley, Ceres, Prins Aflred Hamlet, then on through to the Katbakkies Pass turnoff & finally on to the Cederberg Oasis).

Day 2: Cederberg Oasis back to CT: ± 415km (Cederberg Oasis, Matjiesrivier, Eselbank, Wuppertal, on through to Clanwilliam via the “Pakhuis Pass”, on to the begining of the “Nieuwoudts Pass” turnoff where we ride a short part of the N7, do another section of an Awesome Gravel Pass I did in my Bakkie in January, past “Bosmansklip/Koningskop 4x4 camp site, past Paleisheuwel, on to & over “Kapteinskloof Pass”, past DeHoek, De Brug, Mooreesburg, gravel roads to Malmesbury, Klipheuwel & back in Durbanville).

I ended up taking just over 400 photos (of which quite a lot of them I had to merge to get the full view in of all the wonderful surroundings. Finally after all the editing & merging,… I have managed to narrow the selection down to just over 180 photos,… of which I will now start posting in the hope that you guys may share in the wonderful experience that the 6 of us had.

I've also added the "Trip Log" from my GPS for anyone that might want to follow the same route sometime ;)

Attachments

• Trip Log Cederberg Dec 2012.gdb
    229 KB · Views: 56