??? Dilemma Time 800 or 990 ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GD

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
I have had my F650 Dakkie for 2 years, when I bought her, I did the reasonable & Rational reasonable thing and bought a smaller bike after deciding to leave the enduro / off road bikes alone. The primary reason I bought it is to do a 20km commute across the Lesotho boarder each day for work, where the traffic is horrendous at best and it has been the perfect machine for the purpose.

I have done some awesome out rides with the local Adventure Bikers in Ladybrand & Maseru and she has not missed a beat in the time I have had her.  NOW, HOWEVER… to quote a friend ‘jou gat jeuk!’ & I want to upgrade. I have ridden both the KTM 990 & the GS 800

Reasonable and Rational is saying - get the GS 800 it perfect!  ;)
The slightly less reasonable and rational is saying STUFF THAT get KTM 990! What you really want to do is RIP SH1T UP!! >:D

I only have another 30k to add to my Dakar once sold, so I’ll have to get an older version of the either and most likely pull a few pennies from the old credit card.

I’m sure there is some good advice out there form those who have been here before – what would the dog’s advise?