Xmas trip with 'Chick Magnet' to Baviaans, Wild Coast, Sani Pass and back to CT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humpty Dumpty

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
It all started when CM's little lady and offspring were booked on a flight (way back in April) to visit 'die familie' back in Ireland over Dec/Jan....And what started out as...You (CM) should go for a couple days ride while they are away and I will set out a route for you if you want me to........turned into my being given time out over Xmas and Nuwe Yaar  :drif:  blerry heck, dont give me a shock like that.....after a short recovery period  :patch: I of course checked whether I was in the correct house and it was true that I, indeed, could be gone from home for 'an undisclosed number of days including Xmas AND New Year'...this confirmed....planning commenced in earnest...had a basic route mapped by sleepy's time that day and knew we needed around 14 days  :sip:

CM 's bike was newly repaired and he hasn't done Baviaans on a bike yet, so, route had to include "The Big B", at very least. I have a Mate on a farm near Kie Mouth, need to visit and check out his new possie, hmmmm, Wild Coast just a pont away, so thats gotta be done...Duh!, and whats just up the way from Wild Coast?  :peepwall:....... Ah yes, a mere 300km (just a mornings ride  ::)) and you have..... The Sani Pass....an item on my Bucket List...and you cant go to Lesotho without seeing Katse Dam and a few more natural geographical attractions...like all those high water falls, the highest lowest place on our continent and not to mention all those lekker dirt tracks and rough roads 'n passes and things...Aaahhhhh then a bucket full of dirt road options back to Cape Town.

And that's how a 3,750km 14.5 day trip was borne.......... more to follow .....

We depart CT after work on Friday 21st Dec, collect David and his Monkey at the BP garage outside Somersetwest, and head to his place in Barrydale for first nights "strategy planning"  :ricky: what ?? alcohol!!!!! wont touch the stuff.......not much... on its way past my lips  :eek7: Promise  :snorting:, David and Monkey return to CT next day and we bumble off to Oudtshoorn for another "alcohol free" evening with CM's mate....Ooohhhh..... lots more to follow on our return.

Might post some more planning details if i can sit still long enough to pound something out... freck, cant wait and have packed the bike three times in my head already.

Even more.....to follow.

Later,
Humpty Dumpty