Namibia Bash - official thread - GREEN FOR GO!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Please add your braai pack requirements

• Chicken

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Lamb

Votes: 34 94.4%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

Adventurer

Gentleman Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Super Adventure
Right, venue, Ai Ais,date - 26th, 27th and 28th April 2013.

Add names below, prices to be confirmed asap. Routes there and back are your choice.
Camping and fixed accom available, the price will include camping, if you want fixed accomodation, you need to book it yourself please.(I will supply email/booking details)
I will need to pay a deposit shortly, and I understand full payment is required 2 months before arrival, but late entries should be ok, will work my way around that one.
The price will include  Friday and Saturday night's braai packs, salads etc, all other meals for your own account.

Bank details:

FNB
Acc name: Wild Dog Adventure Riding
Menlyn branch
Branch#: 252645
Acc No: 6232 018 7091

I HAVE TO PAY BY THE 18th FEBRUARY.........2 MONTHS IN ADVANCE.....sorry guys, their rules.

Details in post 161, pg 9.

WEEKEND COSTS......at last ......R670.00 per person, this includes 2 nights camping, 2 braai packs, salads, braai wood, event decal and a custom peak cap, everyone gets these, please don't tell me you don't want a cap. I will supply banking deposit details shortly. They will be the same details used for the Year End Bash, WD account. If you already have them, please state your forum name, and Nam Bash, and pm myself and Journeyman that you have paid.
Those that want fixed accomodation, deduct R250.00, book direct with Ai Ais please, will supply details shortly.
The cost is pretty high, but nothing is cheap in Namibia, and nothing besides the decals and caps will be taken to the venue in order to save money, food, salads and braai wood will be supplied by the resort.
An additional cost on arrival will be park entrance fees, cannot be paid up front, will post those shortly too.

Park entry fees are N$60.00 per person, and N$10.00 per vehicle/bike.

For those that have not crossed a border by bike yet, you will need:

Vehicle's registration papers (or a copy from your financial institution if it is still on HP)
A letter of permission from same institute if it is still on HP
A letter from your insurance dealer stating the bike is insured in Namibia (Just good to have)
A valid drivers license ( A learners is NOT valid in Namibia)
A VALID PASSPORT....
MAKE SURE YOUR PASSPORT IS VALID FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS AFTER DATE OF ARRIVAL  (This almost caught me out once.....)
ZAR is acceptable in Namibia, 1 : 1 ratio. Try and use old notes, seems the new ones are not accepted in places.
IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PASSPORT YET, YOU BETTER STEP ON IT....IF YOUR PASSPORT HAS EXPIRED, IT WILL NOT TAKE LONG TO RENEW, ABOUT 2 WEEKS....

Attending:
Adventurer (PAID) (fixed)
Peaches (PAID) (fixed)
Anton W (PAID)
Ride Alot (PAID)
Weskus (PAID)
Road Hog (PAID)
Legadema (PAID)
Rickus (PAID)
Bring It On (PAID)
Jagsding (PAID) (fixed)
Jeanart (and fellow non WD Namibians)