Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: ouch GS650 rider down in Namibia  (Read 4942 times)

Offline teebag

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
ouch GS650 rider down in Namibia
« on: December 27, 2012, 06:52:18 pm »
Ouch

Namibia on the road. Beta to Sesriem

Hope rider ok

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Re: ouch GS650 rider down in Namibia
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 07:18:52 pm »
Eishhhhhhhhhh those Bloody BM's -- seen so many of them come short on Gravel --Hope the rider is Ok
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Breekbeen

• Bike: Zero (all models)
  • Whiskey for my men and beer for my horses.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 07:29:18 pm »
 :eek7:
YAMAHA WR450F ; YAMAHA XT660Z TENERE '12(sold)

Vrugte boer........poephol vrugte

Offline eberhard

• Bike: Moto Guzzi (all models)
  • Time takes a cigarette...
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 07:32:31 pm »
Eishhhhhhhhhh those Bloody BM's -- seen so many of them come short on Gravel --Hope the rider is Ok

Only because so many of them drive and, more important, can drive on those roads. I have driven countless of times on those roads. Have you ever.....?
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7
R75/5 Big Boy 150 Vuka 110

Garfield

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 07:38:17 pm »

Only because so many of them drive and, more important, can drive on those roads. I have driven countless of times on those roads. Have you ever.....?

Hier gaan ons alweer... :eek7:

Ek is seker hy het iemand probeer groet, of dalk gestaan om sy CoG laer te maak, of altwee...

Hoop die rider is OK.

Offline Crossed-up

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 07:56:39 pm »
Not nice to see.  Hope he/she's okay.

Offline Vis Arend

• It's not how fast you start, it's how long you endure.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda XR650L
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 08:16:38 pm »
Not nice to see.  Hope he/she's okay.

+1
No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the the couch
Honda XL125  -  Sold,    Honda XR200R  -  Sold,     Yamaha TT500  -  Sold,     Honda Transalp700  -  Sold,       Yamaha S10 Fast Blue  -  Sold,   Yamaha S10 Slow White  -  Sold,   Honda CRF250 Rally - To be Sold, XR650L..

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 08:20:13 pm »

Clearly you don't know Blazes, he will ride rings around most.....

Big prang that, hope the rider is ok, bike looks pretty poked....
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Rolling Stone

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 08:29:08 pm »
Road from Aus to Sesriem is realy bad this year.saw the bike there. Just after 14h00. this was the worst piece of the 350km streatch. if you go fast on that road someone is going to get heart.I heard fron some other bikers that someone had to get airlifted out on that road about 3 days ago. could it be the same bike. Teabag thanks for stopping for a chat. smaak my die stories oor die Kapenaars is waar. :pot: Klomp farking snobs. ek stop dood en hukke fok net verby.

Offline Rolling Stone

• Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 08:31:52 pm »
Road from Aus to Sesriem is realy bad this year.saw the bike there. Just after 14h00. this was the worst piece of the 350km streatch. if you go fast on that road someone is going to get heart.I heard fron some other bikers that someone had to get airlifted out on that road about 3 days ago. could it be the same bike. Teabag thanks for stopping for a chat. smaak my die stories oor die Kapenaars is waar. :pot: Klomp farking snobs. ek stop dood en hukke fok net verby.
Maar hulle sal stop by n kapenaar se fiets wat hy al 3 dae terug langs die pad ge park het :pot:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 08:41:04 pm »

Wanna have a RACE --- ::)

My POINT IS that the 650gs twin on gravel should rather be left as a bike for Tar -- Have had many peeps come off on them with rides they have been on with me -Not A DS bike imho more road orientated.

But not nice to come short on any bike imho --

TKC in Front and looks like a Anakee on the back by the looks of it --Now that is a combo i would not easily try
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 08:49:41 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Gypsybaron

• It's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, it's what you leave behind you when you go.
  • Bike: BMW (all models)
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 08:43:45 pm »
I hope the rider is ok.

PS: it seems as if the bike's been looted? Pannier/ topbox forced open, or did it break open during the fall? Why wasn't the bike 'recovered' by the person who contacted the medical team, unless the driver phoned them himself after having the mishap?
“All education is self-education. A teacher is only a guide, to point out the way, and no school, no matter how excellent, can give you education. What you receive is like the outlines in a child’s coloring book. You must fill in the colors yourself.” Louis L'Amour - The lonesome gods

Offline eberhard

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 08:54:18 pm »
Hi. You have good tjommies standing up for you. That is what the biking fraternity is to be about. Your offer is tempting. I have always dreamt of racing someone from Pretoria to Swakop via Upington. That was the road I used to go before they built the tarred road through Botswana. Did a bit on Kyalami. Too short. Not my style. Not as if I am declining, lets keep this in mind. Will take a bit of planning, but, who knows, maybe my dream can be realised. File the idea somewhere and who knows...
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2012, 08:58:30 pm »
Hi. You have good tjommies standing up for you. That is what the biking fraternity is to be about. Your offer is tempting. I have always dreamt of racing someone from Pretoria to Swakop via Upington. That was the road I used to go before they built the tarred road through Botswana. Did a bit on Kyalami. Too short. Not my style. Not as if I am declining, lets keep this in mind. Will take a bit of planning, but, who knows, maybe my dream can be realised. File the idea somewhere and who knows...

Cool  ::) Let me know -- maybe i can make your dream come true  ;D-- i still love to race --Dirt --SM -and very technical stuff --hehe anything on a bike
Current Scooters --

Offline teebag

• Bike: Vespa (all models)
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2012, 08:59:52 pm »
Does look like a strange Tyre combo.

BTW I didn't stop because I wasn't there  :biggrin: pics sent from a friend in the area.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:00:58 pm by teebag »

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 09:05:39 pm »
Does look like a strange Tyre combo.

BTW I didn't stop because I wasn't there  :biggrin: pics sent from a friend in the area.

Reminds me of a WD that pranged there a few years ago --Luckily on of the group was a Doctor and could helpto stabalize the patient otherwise things could have got nasty --

Yep --Front tyre great for those roads --the rear --Eishhhhhhhhh

Sure the bike will be written off --
Current Scooters --

Offline Pote

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 09:45:46 pm »
Nie lekker om 'n bike so te sien nie, ek kan maar net raai wat hier gebeur het en dit lyk na te vinnig ry in hierdie toestande.

Offline Dwerg

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 10:24:31 pm »

Cool  ::) Let me know -- maybe i can make your dream come true  ;D-- i still love to race --Dirt --SM -and very technical stuff --hehe anything on a bike

Check vir Marc Rossi en Casey Curtis hier  :P

Hope the rider is ok  :thumleft:
Current: KTM 690R
Previous: KTM 790ADV, 640ADV, 950ADV, 250XCW BMW F650GS Single, F650GS Twin, F800GS, G450X, R50/2 Honda CRF450X, CRF230 x 2, VFR400 NC30, Z50 Mini Trail Yamaha BWS100 x 2, LB80 Chappy

Offline eberhard

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 10:26:27 pm »
@blazes
I shall be honour to be in your company.
eberhard
Agostini 1000
R90S
R80/7

Offline ChrisL - DUSTRIDERS

• Forum Vendor
  • Castrated Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
    • dustriders.co.za
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 10:27:42 pm »