Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Calling PE Dogs - Enduro or Offroad routes on your turf?  (Read 726 times)

Offline Buff

Calling PE Dogs - Enduro or Offroad routes on your turf?
« on: January 06, 2013, 09:47:18 pm »
Hey fellas, I'm in PE for the next 2 or 3 days and I'm looking to put in a mornings training on the dirt bike.
Can anyone advise where's a lekka route to ride please?
Present bikes: BETA 300RR, KTM 690, Yamaha WR250F

If you're dumb you gotta be tough !!!

Offline Buff

Re: Calling PE Dogs - Enduro or Offroad routes on your turf?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 07:26:39 am »
You PE okes awake yet? Kom kom, die dag trek water  ;)

Offline BMWPE

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Port Elizabeth
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 07:58:44 am »
Behind the old Pick and Pay in Rowallan Park
in Cape road go past the hunters Retreat hotel on your right
Rallye

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 08:08:44 am »
if you into sand the dune of death behind the airport is generally a good workout!

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=99406.0
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline Buff

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 08:23:44 am »
You kidding me, I'm from the Cape, we do sand every weekend so that's right up my alley  ;)
The problem is where to park and ride with the dirt bikes? Maybe just get the missus to drop us off (my boet "Nerf Af" is joining me).

What's the story at Rover? Do they have an Offroad/enduro loop there with day permits?

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 08:28:55 am »
if you follow the sand paths against the electrical pylons it spits you out at rover. you can park at the summerstrand spar it starts about 100 meters from there. Rover I'm not sure about the enduro route, MX track but there maybe. give em a call : http://www.rovermcc.co.za/rover/

by the time i reach rover I'm generally useless and only good for beer.

maybe there are some PE dogs who are members?
Bike history:
Ital jet 50 - sold, DT 50 - scrapped - AR80 - sold DT185 - confiscated  KDX250 - sold ZZR400 - sold KX500 - XT660R Swapped for R1 YZF R1 - sold - XT660Z - sold

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 08:29:27 am »
ill pop J-dog a message he has the actual route for you.
Bike history:

Offline J-dog

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 08:36:11 am »
I don't have the GPS tracks, but basically start in summerstrand near the Sasol garage, and set your GPS on the Rover Club. Then try to get lost on as many paths as possible. One easily found sand track runs next to the UPE fence for quite some way. Perhaps gimme a call - all this typing is kak.

Alternatively, if you want rocky stuff - mountain goat style - then behind the old P&P is the place.

078 799 5633

Offline Buff

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 09:28:00 am »
Shot, thanks guys  :thumleft: My boet is a local so he'll be able to direct us to the Spar at least. We'll go tackle the sand tomorrow morning (Tues) and if I'm still here on Wed, we'll tackle the rocks behind P'nP  :thumleft:
Gimme a shout if anyone would like to join us  :thumleft:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 09:33:28 am by Buff »

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 10:07:35 am »
cool! if i wasn't at work i would. dont forget the RR!
Bike history:

Offline J-dog

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2013, 10:26:56 am »
What time you riding today Buff? Might join you guys on the KDX?

Offline Buff

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2013, 10:36:37 am »

Thinking around 9ish? Can do earlier as well if necessary. My boet will be on my KDX as well  :
It'll be lekka if you could join us, the more the merrier  :thumleft:

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2013, 11:22:37 am »
 :drif: wish i could just hop on and go!
Bike history:

Offline Pumbaa

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2013, 12:53:49 pm »

Thinking around 9ish? Can do earlier as well if necessary. My boet will be on my KDX as well  :
It'll be lekka if you could join us, the more the merrier  :thumleft:

Buff - just sent you my brother's number.  He might be able to show you some lekker tracks.  You met him at Zone7 one day with me.

Offline Buff

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2013, 07:10:13 pm »
Thx Jacques  :thumleft:

Offline Buff

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2013, 08:56:44 pm »
We've decided to hit Rover track at 9am. Apparently R60 for the day and we can at least keep an eye on the car and take some cold ones with for after action satisfaction  :thumleft:

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 09:30:36 pm »
gentle and wise you are.
Bike history:

Offline Buff

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 09:32:47 pm »
Tell you what, there's nothing gentle and wise about the Rover MX track  :o Geepers, I though I was used to sand in CT but riding it on an MX track is rather gnarly.

We ended up ducking into the enduro loops behind Rover and probably spent around 2hrs cruising around all the little sandy tracks. Actually had a very lekka ride, there's some awesome riding to be done there. Unfortunately not much open stuff where you can stretch the bikes legs but plenty of tight stuff to work the fitness level. Rounded the ride off with a few loops of the old Supercross circuit. It was fortunately more hard pack than the MX track.

Also discovered that my holiday has been too good to me and that the 1st race of the season is probably going to give me a solid hiding  :-\

Offline J-dog

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2013, 09:35:22 pm »
Tell you what, there's nothing gentle and wise about the Rover MX track  :o Geepers, I though I was used to sand in CT but riding it on an MX track is rather gnarly.

We ended up ducking into the enduro loops behind Rover and probably spent around 2hrs cruising around all the little sandy tracks. Actually had a very lekka ride, there's some awesome riding to be done there. Unfortunately not much open stuff where you can stretch the bikes legs but plenty of tight stuff to work the fitness level. Rounded the ride off with a few loops of the old Supercross circuit. It was fortunately more hard pack than the MX track.

Also discovered that my holiday has been too good to me and that the 1st race of the season is probably going to give me a solid hiding  :-\

he he christmas pudding needs to be expelled

Offline dirtyXT

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2013, 11:01:59 pm »

he he christmas pudding needs to be expelled
nothing wrong there!
Bike history: