New 690 Enduro R, worht it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dakar wanabe

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLE 500
I am looking into buying a new 2013 KTM 690 Enduro R, fitted with an adventure kit, longrange tanks, performace pipe etc.

My question is, if it would be worth spending so much on "aftermarket" parts? The bike is R95K alone, but no one in SA can give me accurate prices on the cost of the adventure kits!

I have contacted 3 KTM dealers and not one of them came back to me regarding prices and availability of the bikes alone, not even to mention the other parts! Is this the norm from KTM dealers? I have no such problems from my local Kawa agent.

This has me thinking to look at other brands aswell.

Keeping all this in mind (luckily I am in no hurry), since I was a kid, probably 10 years old, I wanted a BIG KTM. But when it came to length I was last in the row, so I have to scratch the BIG bikes from my list. But the 690 looks to be a nimble bike, to use as an everyday commuter and to do adventure rides, not even to mention to hack the trails over weekends!!

I also see that Alfie Cox have the 90 in an adventure kit, (if they would come back to me with prices it would help a lot), My local KTM agent in Pretoria will only be getting one bike in at the end of Jan.

What is the up and downs of these bikes, where can I get it kitted out, all info would be appriciated.

Regards
Gawie