Biker Down ! (da PEEG)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewse

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Hi All, just to let you all know - KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN AND RIDE DEFENSIVELY...

I have been watching the spate of "Biker Down" posts for the past few months with absolute dismay/horror - well, it happened to me today...

I was on my way from Centurion to the West Rand to go and visit Moondog in hospital when...
...I was going straight(at the traffic light just outside of Bavarian Motorcycles in Centurion) when this idiot in a Merc turned right in front of me; she was travelling towards me and suddenly turned(to her right, my left) right in front of me - I T-boned her in the passenger side.
There was a bike to my left and a bakkie that had pulled away from the traffic light just before me so they were slightly ahead of me, she braked for the bike on my left and I (frantically testing the ABS capabilities) went slap bang into her passenger door.
Luckily the speed of impact was not fast because of effective braking; immediately at impact, I felt the back wheel lift and prepared myself for flying over her roof. Luckily the bike popped back down and I managed to hold it upright without falling over.
Long after the collision, the offending driver had not even realised that it was me that hit her(SHE HAD NOT SEEN ME WITH Hella H.I.D. SPOTS THAT CAN WELD FREE STATE POTHOLES), she thought she had hit the oke on the bike to my left...
Luckily I only have a sprained(I think) left wrist and a brused shin - going for X-Rays tomorrow.
The bike was not so lucky, totally stuffed up my front fork. The bike is at Bavarian Motorcycles waiting for a quote from them tomorrow - just hope that they don't write the thing off (each front fork costs about R10k)!

So ja, all the lekker riding I had planned over the next couple of months have been blown out the window...

Keep riding dudes - AND BE CAREFUL OUT THERE !
da :snorting: