DR650SE Le Cap sump guards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lecap

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
They are - finally - nearing completion:
After a nerar endless string of delays, design changes, fitment issues, no availability of aluminium sheet as specified, holidays and so on I finally have the sheets cut & bent, goes off to the welder next week monday and then to all who want one.

Specs:
4mm marine grade aluminium sheet monocoque, welded. Fully rubber mounted to prevent vibration cracks and to absorb impacts. Surrounds and protects frame cradle, sump, footpeg bracket bolts, oil filter housing, alternator housing and suspension lever.
All fasteners are high tensile steel and protected by mil. grade cadmium plating.
The sump guard fits onto existing frame fixtures and does NOT use U-bolts or clamps which might damage frame paintwork. Fitment takes no more than 5 minutes.
The sump guard has a cutout to allow the removal of the sump plug without removing the sump guard.
The guard is designed free draining both with the bike riding or standing on the side stand to prevent pooling of water and mud.

The weight is up to 2.4kg (from the near unbeatable 1.8kg of the first edition) since I was forced to use 4mm sheet due to availability here in SA. Looking at the strength of the marine grade aluminium alloy 3mm was fine but it's no longer /momentarily not available in 3mm

Price R2,400

Pictures only next week since I have nearly destroyed the sample in testing. Not that pretty any more.