Full Throttle - FULL OF ARROGANCE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheldyn

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
After spending +- R25,000 on off roading gear and now also DS gear I have finally had enough of the arrogant attitude I get from the staff at Full Throttle Edenvale.

Kitted out from head to toe in gear purchased from them - from Shoei helmet to Airoh and Shark off road helmets, easy overs for cummuting, intercom system, you name it, all from Full Throttle.

In November i purchased a pair of Air Flow DS pants for R1,400 together with new DS adventure jacket and few other items.

I have worn the Air flow pants 3 times and the velcro buckle around the waist has broken off.  i went in today to request a refund as the pants are clearly defective and was told they will only repair and no refund will be given.  i explained that i no longer want the R1400 pair of pants as the quality is clearly not up to scratch and would prefer a refund so that i can choose another pair.  i also went on to explain that i am a returning customer that spends a lot of money at their store and expect a little customer service when things go wrong.  

This all fell on deaf ears and i was basically given a polite smile as they watched me leave the store.

The arrogance is unbelievable.  they couldnt care a shit, doesnt matter if you're a big spender or small spender, AND IT SHOULDNT, we should all get decent service from the stores we support.  One would think i was trying to pull a fast one on them.  I was treated like the shit under my boot on a bad day. - And i must say, i went in with a good attitude and anticipated buying the few extra gadgets that i need for my adventure rides.

I called George on my way out the store, George is the sales guy i always deal with.  i explained to him that he can now go tell management that they lost the sale on the new Drift Camera, the DS helmet (fully adjustable type).  foot pegs etc.

I'll be supporting the stores that actually appreciate my business from now on.

and just by the way, i did tell the lady behind the counter that the laws of the country state that she must give a refund / replace or repair if goods are defective within 6 months of purchase.  the choice is the consumers and i requested a refund.  see below for Consumer Protection Act law.

) Within six months after the delivery of any goods to a consumer, the consumer may return the goods to the supplier, without penalty and at the supplier’s risk and expense, if the goods fail to satisfy the requirements and standards contemplated in section 55, and the supplier must, at the direction of the consumer, either—
(a) repair or replace the failed, unsafe or defective goods; or
(b) refund to the consumer the price paid by the consumer, for the goods.
(3) If a supplier repairs any particular goods or any component of any such goods, and within three months after that repair, the failure, defect or unsafe feature has not been remedied, or a further failure, defect or unsafe feature is discovered, the supplier must—
(a) replace the goods; or
(b) refund to the consumer the price paid by the consumer for the goods.
(4) The implied warranty imposed by subsection (1), and the right to return goods set
out in subsection (2), are each in addition to—
(a) any other implied warranty or condition imposed by the common law, this Act or any other public regulation; and
(b) any express warranty or condition stipulated by the producer or importer, distributor or retailer, as the case may be.

UPDATE 01/02/2013

I have now received a R1400 refund from Full Throttle within a couple of hours of having sent my bank details to Ryan and he has not even collected the pants yet.  I hope this will be a turning point for the Edenvale branch, if future customers are dealt with by people like Ryan then I am sure the branch will be heading in the right direction.  

Hoping to see some good reports on the store to build my confidence again.