Embarrassing drop in ego

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LYCAN

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Sure that most of you have had one of these moments, so please share

Was on my way home late this afternoon. Three of us had an overnight visit at a friend's house in Hoedspruit. Macjohnw and I left for White River around 12pm this afternoon, and after a good laugh and coffee I left for Lydenburg. Seeing that the mist was coming in nicely I decided to stop off at Misty Mountains for a cup of coffee and beautiful scenery.

The time came to leave, and I kitted up and started my bike. Saw that it was on a limestone that was loose from cement, but stable. I got on the bike while it was still on its centre stand, tried to push forward with no effect. Got off and pushed it of the stand, also noticed that a couple of the visitors have taken some interest in the noise form my zorst and waited to see me drive of. A couple of other riders also arrived after their day's ride. So I greeted them whilst now balancing my GSA with full panniers and top box and back seat filled with a sleeping bag and air mattress.

All good, now I swung my leg over the seat (like i always do). This time however, my boot caught one of the straps and the bike began to lean sideways. I was able to over correct though and it started to lean to the left, tooooo far. I realised that I won't be able to safe it the drop, and laid it down nicely while hopping away on one leg.

Ego severely bruised and the shock on the faces of the onlookers noted, I went to pick up the bike that was comfortably lying on its left side and pannier with the engine on. Thankfully one of the other riders helped my pick up the bike. At the same moment, a large group of riders also came around the corner and saw what had happend.

Thanks to the rider that helped me, and others as well for not laughing to hard. I didn't stay around, just wanted to get out of there

Ego bruised, but laughing at myself now.