BMW Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonkelnut

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Yo all.

Been a while sinse I last posted. So hi everyone.

I just need to comment on something that really impressed me. As the old dawgs will know, I myself am a die-hard Honda fan and lately (since 5 years back) also a Kawa man. I always wow-ed about the simplicity and build of the Honda motors and overall bike build. Rugged and sturdy. For this reason I could do my solo trips without worry about breaking down.

This week, my woman got herself a F650 GS. Bought it from Wino on the forum. Good friend and one of the founders of Wilddogs. His wife's bike. She decided to let it go. It got like 5000km on the clock and in really good amazing condition.

But this is not what I want to say. I never bashed BM's and knew that it is good bikes. But so I decided to strip the bike so that I can change oil and filters and shit. Normally what I do with new bike purchase. And thus hence my post.

I am absolutely impressed, no amazed,  with the build. The design and overall ease of work. I have no idea what the 1200's involve but the 650 is absolutely amazing. Compared to my other two bikes, this machine is ... well, you get the point. I never knew the awesomeness of the engineering. Everything easy to access and reach. Maintenance a breeze. I did not ride the bike more than like 200 meters so I can not judge the riding. But when it comes to engineering of the bike, I am totally amazed.

So I just need to state that with the fair extensive experience I have with bikes, this build is really truly one that blow my mind, and well thought out. So, thumbs up to the german engineers and to everyone out there that owns a BM, relax when the KTM oaks bite, and just smile.

Well. that is it. If I continue I am going to sound like a school boy having his first kiss. Well done BMW.

Status
Not open for further replies.