Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KTM --CEO sells OUT to Bajaj  (Read 2446 times)

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
Re: KTM --CEO sells OUT to Bajaj
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 01:26:56 pm »
That's impossible!
This calls for the bullsh1t filter.

Here's a tip for you Blazes:
Install this handy little device between you keyboard and PC. It will prevent that bullsh1t from flowing out of your keyboard.

I wonder where we should plug that thing in when Blazes turns out to be right  :pot:
There's a bigger chance of him falling pregnant with your child
 :pot:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:28:13 pm by dirtWarp »

Offline Dogmatix

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha TTR 250
  • None the Wiser
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 01:55:36 pm »
Bajaj and KTM have been in partnership for a while. As far as I know all the smaller KTM road bikes are made at the Bajaj factory.

Should be on course for more reliable bikes if my little Pulsar is anything to go by.
"Don't believe every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 01:59:16 pm »

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 01:59:36 pm »
Bajaj and KTM have been in partnership for a while. As far as I know all the smaller KTM road bikes are made at the Bajaj factory.

Should be on course for more reliable bikes if my little Pulsar is anything to go by.
+1
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:20:50 pm by dirtWarp »

Offline RobC

• Stoepkakkertjie
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
  • Bloemfontein
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 02:02:02 pm »
There are going to be a lot of sad KTM owners. The CEO just left, took their R&D department, and the new boss is India.

Love to see the source... did a Google and found nada... :deal:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 02:04:47 pm »
There are going to be a lot of sad KTM owners. The CEO just left, took their R&D department, and the new boss is India.

Update: Nieuwsmotor.nl reports that the deal has been finalized, not between BMW and KTM, but with the Austrian company’s CEO, Stefan Pierer instead.
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2013, 02:16:53 pm »

Update: Nieuwsmotor.nl reports that the deal has been finalized, not between BMW and KTM, but with the Austrian company’s CEO, Stefan Pierer instead.
Where's the part about him taking the R&D section with??
Like I said, use the filter Blazes, use the filter

Offline White Rhino

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Save the White Rhino
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 02:24:16 pm »

Some old news .... http://www.dealcurry.com/2012044-Bajaj-Auto-Acquires-Additional-6-3-In-KTM-Power-Sports.htm

Showing Bajaj Auto Limited acquiring 6.3% stake in Austria based KTM Power Sports AG, taking its stake to around 47%..... So a total acquisition is plausible ....

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy
Nothing clears the head like a throttle twisted and the fresh air on the tip of the nose

Beta 300RR, KTM500, KTM990 Adv, HPN635, 1200GS LC

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 03:18:45 pm »

Cross Industries --Lees stadig voor jy daai filter nodig gaan he of Rough Rider falls pregnant--

Since the brand Indian Bajaj became a shareholder of KTM , in 2007, with 14.5%, its president StefanPierer never been entirely comfortable . When in 2011 the Indian brand bought more shares to reach 39% of the Austrian brand, and in March 2012 to reach 47%, Pierer felt even more uncomfortable, because presumably the brand india buy more shares and eventually leaving him side in no time, taking control of "their" ship.

It was a matter of time that Bajaj pass to have a 51% minimum, to shed Pierer , but before that happens, Stefan will step forward: sell all its shares to Bajaj, and with the money you receive buy Husqvarna . The operation is done through the company Pierer, Cross Industries AG , and is this that becomes the owner of Husqvarna shortly.

Cross Industries AG is a conglomerate created by Pierer, which brings in its structure to 50.6% of KTM, the brand Pankl to mechanical components, Wethje signature of carbon fiber components, suspension WP and signing Kiska design . What can this mean? Well that KTM are no longer designed by Kiska and not equip more WP suspensions, that would work for Husqvarna.

( Sure they will not stop supplying WP -) Would be suicidal imho
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 03:27:26 pm »

Cross Industries --Lees stadig voor jy daai filter nodig gaan he of Rough Rider falls pregnant--

Like I said; just another BS comment by you.
The KTM R&D department has nothing to do with Pierer's aquisition of Husky.

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 03:44:06 pm »

Since the brand Indian Bajaj became a shareholder of KTM , in 2007, with 14.5%, its president StefanPierer never been entirely comfortable . When in 2011 the Indian brand bought more shares to reach 39% of the Austrian brand, and in March 2012 to reach 47%, Pierer felt even more uncomfortable, because presumably the brand india buy more shares and eventually leaving him side in no time, taking control of "their" ship.

It was a matter of time that Bajaj pass to have a 51% minimum, to shed Pierer , but before that happens, Stefan will step forward: sell all its shares to Bajaj, and with the money you receive buy Husqvarna . The operation is done through the company Pierer, Cross Industries AG , and is this that becomes the owner of Husqvarna shortly.

Cross Industries AG is a conglomerate created by Pierer, which brings in its structure to 50.6% of KTM, the brand Pankl to mechanical components, Wethje signature of carbon fiber components, suspension WP and signing Kiska design . What can this mean? Well that KTM are no longer designed by Kiska and not equip more WP suspensions, that would work for Husqvarna.

Yamaha owned Ohlins and we never saw too may Yamaha's fitted with Ohlins forks or shocks. So if all the above is true it does not mean Huskys will automatically be fitted with WP components. 
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 03:46:29 pm »

Yamaha owned Ohlins and we never saw too may Yamaha's fitted with Ohlins forks or shocks. So if all the above is true it does not mean Huskys will automatically be fitted with WP components. 

Most Probably not --The Old two smokes i raced came out stock with Ohlin's
Current Scooters --

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 03:47:05 pm »
Supposedly Cross Industries will hold a press conference this afternoon.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 03:48:28 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 03:48:43 pm »

We wait with baited breath  ;D

Offline 1ougat

• The Commodore !!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Commodore
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 03:59:59 pm »
 :peepwall:
Make mine a Boxer with a shaft!!!!
2006 R1200 HP2 !!!! - La Poderosa - "The Mighty One"
1965 R50/2
1996 R80 GS PD Classic
2010 1200 GS 1975 Suzuki AC50

Offline stainedglass

• Pack Dog
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 04:00:25 pm »
Well i never, they just gonna have to Taj-My-Haal  :eek7:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:01:05 pm by stainedglass »
do it in the dirt
2010 KTM 990 Adventure
2013 KTM 690 Enduro R

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 05:19:57 pm »

I was under the impression that the CEO's other company, Pierer Industrie was buying Husky and not Cross Industries.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:24:26 pm by Rough Rider »

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013, 05:23:06 pm »
BMW Press Conference

Sale of Husqvarna Motorcycles to Pierer Industrie AG

Munich. The BMW Group is realigning its BMW Motorrad business. In the context of changing motorcycle markets, demographic trends and increasing environmental demands, BMW Motorrad will expand its product offering to exploit future growth potential. The focus of the realignment will be on urban mobility and e-mobility. By restructuring the segment, the BMW Group will concentrate on expanding and utilising the resources of the BMW Motorrad brand. Therefore the BMW Group signed a purchase agreement with Pierer Industrie AG (Austria) for the acquisition of Husqvarna Motorcycles. The acquisition will proceed subject to approval by anti-trust authorities. Both companies have agreed not to disclose the purchase price.

Expanded offering for urban mobility and e-mobility

BMW Motorrad achieved a new sales record in 2012. With the realignment of its motorcycle business, BMW Motorrad aims to maintain profitable and sustainable growth over the coming years. Its current core business consists exclusively of premium vehicles in the categories “Tourer”, “Enduro”, “Sport”, “Roadster” and “Maxi-Scooter” from 650 to 1600 cc. BMW Motorrad entered the urban mobility segment for the first time in 2012 with the C 650 GT and C 600 Sport maxi-scooters. The next step in the expansion of the product line-up in this segment will be the series launch of the “C evolution” electric scooter in 2014. Further innovative vehicle concepts are also under consideration. Drive trains will include both environmentally-friendly combustion engines and pure electric drives. This move by BMW Motorrad reflects the BMW Group’s overall focus on early identification of trends, such as megacities and traffic density, as well as environmental issues. Corresponding products and services are already available for the Automobile segment.

Continuation of product offensive

In addition to the expansion in the field of urban mobility, core segments from the 650 single-cylinder entry-level bike to the 6-cylinder luxury tourer will also be selectively expanded.

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2013, 05:32:21 pm »
Now we just have to wait and see what happens to KTM and Cross Industies  :)

Offline Tuareg

• Race Dog
  • Braap....
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2013, 05:46:54 pm »
KTM CEO Stefan Pierer buys Husqvarna motorcycle brand from BMW Motorrad

KTM CEO Mr Stefan Pierer has acquired BMW Motorrad owned Husqvarna, a Swedish motorcycle brand now headquartered at Varese, Italy. This surprising move comes at a time when BMW Motorrad is said to be heavily invested in Husqvarna, even deputing a chunk of its engineers from Germany to design and develop new products at Husqvarna. One such development from BMW Motorrad’s efforts resulted in the Nuda 900 streetbike, which has turned out to be a successful model for Husqvarna. The Nuda even uses the engine designed and built by BMW. Now though, Stefan Pierer has bought Husqvarna from KTM through Pierer Industries AG, a company that Mr Pierer owns.

In light of these facts, it remains to be seen what will happen to the technology that BMW Motorrad has helped Husqvarna develop over the past half a decade. Meanwhile, the move from Mr Pierer issaid to be one that will help consolidate KTM’s leadership position in Europe by adding to volumes. KTM overtook BMW Motorrad in Europe, on the back of the success of big volume motorcycles like the Duke 125 and the Duke 200. The addition of Husqvarna in KTM’s portfolio will further strengthen the Austrian motorcycle brand’s dominant position in Europe. Incidentally, Indian motorcycle giant Bajaj Auto, owns a 47 % stake in Cross Holdings, the holding company of KTM.

Bajaj Auto contract manufacturers a range of KTM motorcycles like the Duke 125, 200 and 390, in exchange for technology from KTM, that it in turn uses on its own range of high performance Pulsar motorcycles sold in India and abroad. The exact size of the Husqvarna deal and more details on how this brand would be positioned is something that remains unknown at the moment. However, BMW Motorrad bought Husqvarna from MV Agusta, an Italian sportsbike maker, in 2007 for 93 Million Euros. Husqvarna is known for its motorcross and super moto range of motorcycles, a similarity that it shares with KTM. Therefore, this deal is a strategic fit of sorts for KTM as Husqvarna essentially makes the same kind of motorcycles.

In the late 19th century, Husqvarna begin life in Sweden as a maker of armaments for the Swedish Army. In 1903, the company branched out into motorcycles and from there on, it began to produce a range of motorcycles with capacities of 350cc-500cc. Though involved in motorcycle racing right from 1918, Husqvarna catapulted to global recognition in the 1960s and 1970s when it dominated the motocross championships with its motocross range of motorcycles. Ever since. Husqvarna’s been known more for its motocross range. In 1987, Husqvarna Motorcycles were acquired by Cagiva, an Italian motorcycle maker that is a part of te MV Agusta group. From here on, Husqvarna shifted base to Varese, Italy, from where it has operated ever since.

Present: Yamaha TW 200Husaberg FE 650KTM 990 Adv RHonda XR650R
Past: KTM 450 XC-WKTM 950 Adv