Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KTM --CEO sells OUT to Bajaj  (Read 2447 times)

Offline 1ougat

• The Commodore !!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Commodore
Re: KTM --CEO sells OUT to Bajaj
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 05:48:59 pm »
This is a major realignment of the industry - looks like BMW see them in different markets - so my type of bike will probably in future not be build by BMW - think you will see even less emphasis on offroading - hope I'm wrong and they build really badass hp2 's but reading between the lines the next hp will probably be a scooter  :(

Blazes could be right that this is the saviour of his brand  :pot:
Make mine a Boxer with a shaft!!!!
2006 R1200 HP2 !!!! - La Poderosa - "The Mighty One"
1965 R50/2
1996 R80 GS PD Classic
2010 1200 GS 1975 Suzuki AC50

Online Wolzak

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 790 Adventure R
  • Previously Offshore
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 05:52:04 pm »
sub
Current Bikes
KTM 790 R Rally
Harley Davidson Deuce
Aprilia Moto 65

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 06:07:40 pm »
This is a major realignment of the industry - looks like BMW see them in different markets - so my type of bike will probably in future not be build by BMW - think you will see even less emphasis on offroading - hope I'm wrong and they build really badass hp2 's but reading between the lines the next hp will probably be a scooter  :(

Hey --Passop -- I am NOT Brand consious --i ride what i want and what works for me  ::)

Just  deal Husky got when the swiss sold it to Cagiva --That was not a great idea and the damage it caused will still take years to repair --

Lets Hope the new Owner will lift up Husky to its former glory the way he steered KTM out of Bankcruptcy --- he is the one person who can do it --

You dont lay out this kind of Moola --Unless you have a plan --Lets wait and see time alone will tell

He would now have to resign from KTM as the competitions board will be all over him like a rash --- ::)
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2013, 06:09:37 pm »

Hey --Passop -- I am NOT Brand consious --i ride what i want and what works for me  ::)

Just  deal Husky got when the swiss Swedes sold it to Cagiva --That was not a great idea and the damage it caused will still take years to repair --

Lets Hope the new Owner will lift up Husky to its former glory the way he steered KTM out of Bankcruptcy --- he is the one person who can do it --

You dont lay out this kind of Moola --Unless you have a plan --Lets wait and see time alone will tell

He would now have to resign from KTM as the competitions board will be all over him like a rash --- ::)

I am sure he financed this deal with his KTM shares he sold to the Indians.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:11:24 pm by Rough Rider »
Current rides: 2015 WR250F / 2016 690R / 2017 701SM

Offline 1ougat

• The Commodore !!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Commodore
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 06:37:28 pm »
nw
Blazes could be right that this is the saviour of the brand he talks about a lot and have crated bikes standing arround   :ricky:

Fixed  :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:
Make mine a Boxer with a shaft!!!!
2006 R1200 HP2 !!!! - La Poderosa - "The Mighty One"
1965 R50/2
1996 R80 GS PD Classic
2010 1200 GS 1975 Suzuki AC50

Offline JK

• Race Dog
  • Everything Counts In Large Amounts
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 07:21:49 pm »
So accoding to this "The addition of Husqvarna in KTMís portfolio will further strengthen the Austrian motorcycle brandís dominant position in Europe." Husquavarna now belongs to KTM ??
When u are on tar u are lost  !

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 07:33:01 pm »
So accoding to this "The addition of Husqvarna in KTMís portfolio will further strengthen the Austrian motorcycle brandís dominant position in Europe." Husquavarna now belongs to KTM ??
Yes, as the majority of KTM's shares belongs to the guy who bought Husqvarna.

AFAIK

Offline Crowley

« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 10:30:29 pm »

Hey --Passop -- I am NOT Brand consious --i ride what i want and what works for me  ::)

Just  deal Husky got when the swiss sold it to Cagiva --That was not a great idea and the damage it caused will still take years to repair --

:imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer: :imaposer:

Do a search with the words "Husky" and Blazes and you get 9 pages of hits  ::) and your signature line shows a balanced spread of bike brands.

But that being said I also hope that Husky find some direction that suits them. I don't think that its good to change design direction completely every couple of years.

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • I crash like a champ!
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 10:46:58 pm »
^^^
 :imaposer:

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2013, 06:54:20 am »

Hey --Passop -- I am NOT Brand consious --i ride what i want and what works for me  ::)

Just  deal Husky got when the swiss sold it to Cagiva --That was not a great idea and the damage it caused will still take years to repair --

Do a search with the words "Husky" and Blazes and you get 9 pages of hits  ::) and your signature line shows a balanced spread of bike brands.

But that being said I also hope that Husky find some direction that suits them. I don't think that its good to change design direction completely every couple of years.

Husky has been sold and resold and sold again definately NOT what you want at All Crowley --Just makes for BAD PR imho --

Many people will move to opposition brands as the --Insecurity is a serious Problem for them --

Now it is only the die hards that will die on a Husky  :peepwall:

Even looks like the New Nuda -Terra and Strada range will soon become ---HISTORY --

Saw this coming a long way back  ;) WHY do you think i bought and crated the last 610TE in 2009 already --

Will be a few years before i will even look at buying a new bike --maybe by then there will be something on the market that will be manufactured and developed for a few seasons and not just one ---

My heart bleeds for the few people who have bought them and can you imagine what the new importer in SA thinks -- Can he strip them and sell the parts as --BMW Spares ?? Not easily going to sell the ones they have on the floor --and on the water --i would pray the ship Sinks and the insurance can pay out  ::)

BTW -- That 950 SE will still NEVER CATCH my 2007 450 TE on the railway tracks   :pot:

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 07:48:58 am by blazes »
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Crowley

« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2013, 07:09:40 am »
 ;D

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2013, 07:10:20 am »

Do a search with the words "Husky" and Blazes and you get 9 pages of hits  ::) and your signature line shows a balanced spread of bike brands.

Ag NEE Gerhard --go and do a search under Honda --BMW --and KTM ----- You WILL be suprised -- :imaposer:
Current Scooters --

Offline Beserker

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Agito ergo sum
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2013, 08:03:26 am »
The way I read it:

StefanPierer (Cross) is uncomfortable with the Indian stake in KTM..StefanPierer (Cross) sells its stake in KTM to Bajaj.

At the same time, StefanPierer (Cross), buys Husky (KTM did not buy Husky), so it is still 2 distinct brands, with different owners.

I think it bodes well for Husky, as StefanPierer will apply the same recipe he did to KTM, and Husky should return to the standing it enjoyed in the late 70', early 80's

My Ride  :ricky:  Angola   Namibia  Northern Cape  Kids

Offline Beserker

• Race Dog
  • Agito ergo sum
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2013, 08:05:30 am »
It begs the question though:

Will "If it is not an orange, it is a lemon" become "If it is not a chilly, it is a curry"

Offline Tuareg

• Race Dog
  • Braap....
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2013, 08:15:46 am »
It begs the question though:
Will "If it is not an orange, it is a lemon" become ..........

If its not a mango atchar, its a lime pickle.......
Present: Yamaha TW 200Husaberg FE 650KTM 990 Adv RHonda XR650R
Past: KTM 450 XC-WKTM 950 Adv

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2013, 09:31:16 am »
The way I read it:

StefanPierer (Cross) is uncomfortable with the Indian stake in KTM..StefanPierer (Cross) sells its stake in KTM to Bajaj.

At the same time, StefanPierer (Cross), buys Husky (KTM did not buy Husky), so it is still 2 distinct brands, with different owners.

I think it bodes well for Husky, as StefanPierer will apply the same recipe he did to KTM, and Husky should return to the standing it enjoyed in the late 70', early 80's

I see the logic in this.

What makes sense to me is that SP does not like the way KTM is going under the influence of the ever more powerfull Indian partners i.e. going for the mass produced small bore commuter type market on the sub continent. SP is by all accounts a dirt bike racer by heart not a mass produced type of CEO.

I will  not be surprised if we get an announcement that Cross Industries has sold its 51% shares to the Indians and SP goes it alone with Husqvarna using funds aquired from the sale of his KTM shares. I hope this is the case anyway as Husqvarna can then start producing some pretty interesting off- road and MX products.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:34:20 am by Rough Rider »

Offline Beserker

• Race Dog
  • Agito ergo sum
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2013, 09:41:35 am »
1) SP is by all accounts a dirt bike racer

2)What makes sense to me is that SP does not like the way KTM is going

3) ...I hope this is the case anyway as Husqvarna can then start producing some pretty interesting off- road and MX products.

1) Yip...Ready to Race

2)Some more, KTM product offering when SP took the tiller was race orientated 50 - 600-ish bikes.
Where do you race 1190 or whatever.

Husky without the BMW influanced Nuda, is very much his niche (Keep in mind one of the things being considered is what will Husky take along of the BMW technology)

3) I say Yeah!

Offline wiledog_X

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2013, 10:09:43 am »
Nieuwsmotor.nl reports that the deal has been finalized, not between BMW and KTM, but with the Austrian company's CEO, Stefan Pierer instead.

Update (cont'd): "It's not KTM that is buying Husqvarna, but KTM's CEO and part-owner Stefan Pierer," explains Nieuwsmotor's Iwan van der Valk. "He bought it with his 'other' company Pierer Industries AG. This is not connected to Cross AG, the owner company in which both Pierer and Bajaj hold shares. The next six months will be spent looking how Husqvarna can cooperate with KTM but a new model is already promised to revealed at the 2013 EICMA in November."

"KTM's a great, but small, company," writes veteran journalist Mark Gardiner on his blog. "It's easy to see the impending purchase of Husqvarna for what it is, another move by the big Indian motorcycle company, Bajaj - which already owns a big piece of KTM - to diversify it's portfolio of brands, manufacturing capability, and design talent."

With Bajaj's billions, the acquisition should be a positive thing for Husqvarna. New model development could target the huge markets in Southeast Asia, giving the brand the volume and profit to revisit it's whole street bike thing, maybe with models that aren't just lightly refreshed F800Rs.   

:laughing4:
"What happen!!? Someone set up us the bomb!! We get signal. All your base are belong to us!!!"

Online Wolzak

• Race Dog
  • Previously Offshore
« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2013, 10:15:33 am »
Ok, now I get the Drift.
Current Bikes
KTM 790 R Rally
Harley Davidson Deuce
Aprilia Moto 65

Offline Rough Rider

• Grey hound
  • Hang time
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2013, 10:22:52 am »
Nieuwsmotor.nl reports that the deal has been finalized, not between BMW and KTM, but with the Austrian company's CEO, Stefan Pierer instead.

Update (cont'd): "It's not KTM that is buying Husqvarna, but KTM's CEO and part-owner Stefan Pierer," explains Nieuwsmotor's Iwan van der Valk. "He bought it with his 'other' company Pierer Industries AG. This is not connected to Cross AG, the owner company in which both Pierer and Bajaj hold shares. The next six months will be spent looking how Husqvarna can cooperate with KTM but a new model is already promised to revealed at the 2013 EICMA in November."

"KTM's a great, but small, company," writes veteran journalist Mark Gardiner on his blog. "It's easy to see the impending purchase of Husqvarna for what it is, another move by the big Indian motorcycle company, Bajaj - which already owns a big piece of KTM - to diversify it's portfolio of brands, manufacturing capability, and design talent."

With Bajaj's billions, the acquisition should be a positive thing for Husqvarna. New model development could target the huge markets in Southeast Asia, giving the brand the volume and profit to revisit it's whole street bike thing, maybe with models that aren't just lightly refreshed F800Rs.   

:laughing4:

None of that makes much sense to me  ??? ???

If Bajaja wanted Husqvarna why did they not just buy Husqvarna, instead of getting the KTM CEO to buy it using a newly formed company in the name Pierer Industires; a company which has no link to KTM apart from the fact that Stefan Pierer owns it and also owns 51% of KTM through his other company Cross Industries?