Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: KTM --CEO sells OUT to Bajaj  (Read 2444 times)

Offline voorvel

• aka dirtWarp
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • I crash like a champ!
Re: KTM --CEO sells OUT to Bajaj
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2013, 10:38:17 am »
None of that makes much sense to me  ??? ???

If Bajaja wanted Husqvarna why did they not just buy Husqvarna, instead of getting the KTM CEO to buy it using a newly formed company in the name Pierer Industires; a company which has no link to KTM apart from the fact that Stefan Pierer owns it and also owns 51% of KTM through his other company Cross Industries?
I share in your confusion!
 ???

Offline Beserker

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Agito ergo sum
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2013, 10:51:38 am »
The way I read it:

StefanPierer (Pierer Industries AG) (Cross) is uncomfortable with the Indian stake in KTM..StefanPierer  sells its stake in Cross/KTM to Bajaj.

At the same time, StefanPierer  (Pierer Industries AG) (Cross) , buys Husky (KTM did not buy Husky), so it is still 2 distinct brands, with different owners.

I think it bodes well for Husky, as StefanPierer will apply the same recipe he did to KTM, and Husky should return to the standing it enjoyed in the late 70', early 80's

Updated my first post (detail,detail..)

"KTM's a great, but small, company," writes veteran journalist Mark Gardiner on his blog. "It's easy to see the impending purchase of Husqvarna for what it is, another move by the big Indian motorcycle company, Bajaj - which already owns a big piece of KTM - to diversify it's portfolio of brands, manufacturing capability, and design talent."

With Bajaj's billions, the acquisition should be a positive thing for Husqvarna. New model development could target the huge markets in Southeast Asia, giving the brand the volume and profit to revisit it's whole street bike thing, maybe with models that aren't just lightly refreshed F800Rs.  

:laughing4:

This bit does not make sense...Bajaj has no stake in Husky unless there is cooperation agreement between  between the companies, (Pierer Industries AG and Gross )
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:53:48 am by Beserker »
My Ride  :ricky:  Angola   Namibia  Northern Cape  Kids

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2013, 11:45:03 am »
I think we are still in for a TWIST IN THE TAIL -- and the real story will only surface later --

Even the one of the Top guys in the Factory in Italy -- i heard today that they are not sure what is going to happen  :o

Maybe next week they will have to get their butts into gear and start getting something manufacture for the Show in November--

Who Knows --
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline ALLAWYN

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #63 on: February 01, 2013, 03:54:48 pm »
Ja, all have not been revealed, as for Husaberg, where does it fit in, another very small specialized bike belonging to KTM/SP ?

Offline Kaboef

• Jedi Knight
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
    • CFO Consult SA
« Reply #64 on: February 01, 2013, 04:29:39 pm »
I dont know whether some of these journalists have writing problems or if I have reading problems, but it confuses the living fark out of me.

I'm going to go drink now.

And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

www.cfoconsult.co.za

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2013, 03:21:03 pm »
The recent acquisition of Husqvarna by a company controlled by Stefan Pierer, CEO of KTM, will reunite the Swedish marques in a sense.   According to an interview published by Motociclismo, Husqvarna will largely break ties with BMW, which currently supplies engines for the 650 enduro models and the Nuda 900 twin.  It appears the 650s will be kept for a while, but the big twin is not considered close enough to the roots of the brand, and has sold poorly.  Pierer made it clear that future Husqvarnas will likely share engines with Husaberg.  If you follow the link, the interview is in Italian before translation.

Latest from SP -------
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one -- ( All sold now- Bought camera equipment)
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Ratt

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • An experiment in Artificial Stupidity...
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2013, 10:34:19 pm »
Very basic to get the story here.. SP has too fkn much money, so he buys shit to spend money on to fix, wich he will later sell for more money... :deal:
I'm not saying kill stupid people, I'm saying, remove the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

**072 596 1303 in Knysna if you have troubles**

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Grey hound
    • Photography One on One
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2013, 09:25:05 pm »
Very basic to get the story here.. SP has too fkn much money, so he buys shit to spend money on to fix, wich he will later sell for more money... :deal:

Well its his money to spend  ;) Bought KTM then sold 49%of  his shares to Bajaj and looks like he may even sell The rest of his shares of KTM to Bajaj and then he has a -Shitload of money to play with --time will tell --

As in SP's own word's --Not Everyone want's an Orange Bike ---
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 09:26:46 pm by blazes »
Current Scooters --